Date of Birth
April 29, 1977
Place of Birth
A lot of eyes in the industry are on Alberto Del Rio right now, as many want to see if he will pursue a lawsuit against WWE. The company has reportedly banned him from working in the United States for a year. Back when Brock Lesnar filed a similar lawsuit, the judge was very close to ruling in his favor. Both sides agreed to a settlement instead. If Del Rio were to file the lawsuit and win the case, then that changes things in the industry quite a bit.
August 19, 2014
Rumors are now floating around that one of the reasons why TNA parted ways with Vince Russo is due to the fact that he interviewed Daffney on his podcast show. There is said to be a good amount of backstage heat towards her because of the lawsuit that she filed against the company a couple of years back. Russo being involved with her is something that reportedly annoyed management.
August 19, 2014
While a lawsuit against WWE is still being pondered, Alberto Del Rio revealed that several employees, including wrestlers, were witnesses to the backstage incident that took place between he and Cody Barbierri. Of particular note, Del Rio pointed out that Jack Swagger was one of the wrestlers that saw the entire thing unfold. If a lawsuit takes place, then there is a chance that Swagger could be questioned.
August 18, 2014
While the company was hoping that the legendary masked performer would make an appearance at TripleMania on Sunday, AAA is reportedly backing away from Rey Mysterio. The promotion does not want to be involved in a contract tampering lawsuit with WWE. As of right now, there is a bit of a dispute between Mysterio and Vince McMahon on their deal. Until that is cleared, AAA will not be contacting Mysterio.
August 16, 2014
While there was a bit of rumblings backstage that WWE was going to pursue legal action against CM Punk for walking out of his contract, rumors are floating around that management is hesitant to do so. For starters, now might not be a good time to sink money into a lawsuit since there are so many employees being released. Secondly, Vince McMahon is really focused on the WWE Network at the moment, so a lawsuit might be a bit of a distraction from the CEO.
August 2, 2014
While a lot of people have been quick to be judgmental about the lawsuit, Jesse Ventura has publicly stated that he has no regrets about suing the widow of a deceased Navy SEAL member for defamation. The fabricated story told by Chris Kyle caused the WWE legend to lose millions of dollars, so Ventura felt justified in trying to recoup some of that money.
July 31, 2014
The former governor of Minnesota should be receiving a nice check in the near future. A jury in the state awarded Jesse Ventura $1.8 million in his lawsuit against Chris Kyle, who passed away before the trial concluded. The former WWE star filed the lawsuit because Kyle had been telling people that the two of them were involved in a fight at the bar.
July 29, 2014
Vince McMahon has another big headache to deal with, as his company is being hit with a class action lawsuit. The claim is that WWE purposely misled investors about their ability to secure a much better television deal with the network than the contract that they eventually signed. The promise of a bigger television deal was reportedly the reason why a lot of investors sank money into WWE, causing their stocks to soar to record levels.
July 26, 2014
In a rather interesting and bizarre bit of news, Natalya Neidhart is being sued by a prisoner in the state of Pennsylvania. Christopher Donnelly is alleging that the WWE diva mentally, physically and emotionally abused him from 2005 until 2009. He also claims that Natalya had an abortion during their sexual relationship. Donnelly is attempting to gain $250,000 from the lawsuit.
July 9, 2014
While wrestling fans are clamoring for his return to the industry, Shane McMahon is going to be rather busy in the upcoming months, as the former WWE star has filed a $50 million lawsuit against the high rise building that he has been living in. Water leaks have apparently caused damage to his property and the health of his family, so he wants compensation.
March 26, 2014
Despite being sent legal threats from the company, it appears that Sin Cara has opted to be defiant towards WWE. The masked wrestler recently won a championship down in Mexico while using the name and character, both of which he claims ownership to. New merchandise has been made despite the possibility of a lawsuit coming.
March 5, 2014
While he has stepped away from the spotlight quite a bit, the civil lawsuit between TNA and Scott Steiner is still an ongoing thing. A judge in Nashville has decided to postpone things from March until November. For those wondering, that is the reason why Steiner has been rather quiet online for the past year. He wants to avoid any further trouble.
March 2, 2014
Hunico might be cashing in a nice pay per view bonus check at Wrestlemania 30 this year, as WWE still has interest in using the Sin Cara character at the event. Merchandise sales have remained strong, and the company wants to continue to capitalize. There may be a lawsuit coming from the original performer, though.
February 12, 2014
Earlier this week, Batista revealed that he was willing to work with Titus ONeil because he wanted to help his friend become a star in WWE. As of right now, management does not appear interested in the idea. While they do want to appease Batista since he is building his name in Hollywood, they seem more interested in using him against other big name performers instead.
August 19, 2014
Since he still has some backstage stroke, Batista is said to be using his political powers in an attempt to get WWE to push Titus ONeil, whom he calls a very close friend of his. The former world heavyweight champion has even publicly stated that he would be more than willing to be the person to elevate ONeil should the company decide to go that route.
August 15, 2014
For a short period of time there, Titus ONeil had his name linked to rumors that he was joining Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston and Big E Langston in their new stable. However, it looks like he has been crossed off the list of candidates. ONeil has now been penciled in as a permanent tag team with Heath Slater, who was left with nothing to do when WWE released Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre.
July 29, 2014
When Heath Slater and Titus ONeil teamed up on an episode of Smackdown earlier this month, many fans assumed that WWE had just thrown two guys together for the sake of the match. However, it looks like it could become a permanent thing, as management has gone through the trouble of giving them an official name. Slater and ONeil are now known as Slater Gators.
July 29, 2014
Rumors are floating around that WWE really does not have all their plans in place for that new stable featuring Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston and Big E Langston. Several names, including R Truth, Titus ONeil and Mark Henry, have been mentioned as possible candidates to join the group, but none of that has been solidified. For the time being, the trio will continue to be vague on television.
July 29, 2014
An interesting idea being floated around in WWE has Titus ONeil joining the stable that consists of Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston and Big E Langston. Management really likes ONeil, as evident by the fact that he routinely gets sent out on public appearances for the company, but they do not believe that he can be pushed as a singles performer. Putting him in a stable helps to alleviate some of those concerns.
July 28, 2014
Over the weekend, the Great Khali made his return to WWE at a live event in Pennsylvania. The former world heavyweight champion worked a quick match against Titus ONeil. This could signify that he is getting ready to make a return to Monday Night Raw. Do not expect him to receive a push or a big comeback segment, though. WWE has been trying to phase him out of their marketing plans as of late.
June 22, 2014
Those that watch Monday Night Raw and Smackdown are already aware that Damien Sandow is being buried by WWE. The company also decided to humiliate him a bit over the weekend at a live event in Hamilton. He was booked in three quick losses to Titus ONeil, Bo Dallas and Adam Rose within a span of a couple of minutes.
June 15, 2014
Earlier in the year, there were rumors that Titus ONeil was going to be receiving a push from WWE. Reports surfaced that it was dropped because of the poor reaction that his match against Darren Young at Elimination Chamber 2014 received from the audience. It has been several months now, and it looks like the rumors were true. Since that pay per view, ONeil has only won two matches on television.
June 4, 2014
In a sign of how far down the ladder that he has fallen, Sheamus was removed from the Hulu broadcast of Monday Night Raw this week. He worked a brief match against Titus ONeil, a performer whose own push was halted almost as soon as it began. While WWE still values Sheamus backstage, his demotion to the lower mid card is quite noteworthy.
April 29, 2014
Rumors surfaced before Wrestlemania 30 that Titus ONeil was no longer going to be on the receiving end of a push in WWE. Those plans have not been changed, as management is planning on pushing several of the newer stars ahead of him. ONeil, however, has some job security, as WWE feels that he is a great representative at public appearances.
April 13, 2014
While he managed to avoid an injury after taking an over the top rope dive at Wrestlemania 30, Kofi Kingston might have been injured during his taped match against Titus ONeil during WWE Superstars. He was limping noticeably and required some help to leave the arena. Some believe that he might be willing to work through the injury if it is not too bad.
April 9, 2014
WWE has announced that the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal will consists of Alberto Del Rio, Big E Langston, Big Show, Brodus Clay, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Fandango, Goldust, Great Khali, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, Miz, R Truth, Rey Mysterio, Santino Marella, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Titus ONeil and Zack Ryder. There are also four spots available for last minute entrants.
March 25, 2014
The latest rumors on Titus ONeil is that there is backstage heat on him within WWE, as management has been booking him in multiple losses at live events. During a show this weekend, ONeil lost a match to Darren Young before issuing an open challenge and being decimated by Mark Henry. In the third match, he teams up with Wade Barrett to lose to both Young and Henry.
March 23, 2014
While management has halted his push because of a poor reaction from the audience at Elimination Chamber 2014, there is still a chance that Darren Young will be working the Wrestlemania 30 show. He and his former teammate Titus ONeil are both candidates to be entrants in the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal that weekend.
March 16, 2014
Since management was disappointed at the crowd reaction that was received during the match between Darren Young and Titus ONeil at Elimination Chamber 2014, the former Prime Time Players are being scaled back a bit, and their respective pushes are being placed on hold. Their feud has not being featured on Monday Night Raw or Smackdown since the pay per view.
March 9, 2014
In case you missed the announcement on Monday Night Raw this week, Darren Young and Titus ONeil will be having their grudge match on the main Elimination Chamber 2014 pay per view next Sunday night. Many were under the belief that it was going to be the kickoff match, but management decided to step things up a bit.
February 19, 2014