Date of Birth
December 22, 1982
Place of Birth
On Monday Night Raw, Triple H cut a promo that took a jab at wrestling fans online. Some more details have been revealed now. The segment was in response to what HHH saw online from fans who complained about WWE Battleground 2014 being a sub par show. It has been said on multiple occasions that he hates fans who think they know how the business works.
July 24, 2014
As late as Saturday, management had plans in place for Bray Wyatt to beat Chris Jericho at WWE Battleground 2014. However, Vince McMahon called an audible and had Jericho winning the match. No word yet on why McMahon made this decision, but it is being said that a lot of people backstage were against the idea because Wyatt had already started losing momentum with the audience.
July 22, 2014
Fans who watched WWE Battleground 2014 noticed that Rob Van Dam did not perform. It has now been revealed that the former world heavyweight champion was forced to miss the pay per view because of an undisclosed injury. An update has been promised by WWE in regards to the nature of the ailment. No word yet on whether or not RVD will be missing time from the road.
July 21, 2014
At WWE Battleground 2014, Miz won the battle royal to become the new Intercontinental Champion. Sheamus is the reigning United States Heavyweight Champion. The two of them are feuding. That has led to rumors of a title unification match taking place at Summerslam 2014. The belief is that WWE really wants to stack up this pay per view to build momentum for the upcoming subscription rush for the WWE Network.
July 21, 2014
Vince McMahon decided to take a huge gamble at WWE Battleground 2014 when he had Lana and Alexander Rusev cutting a promo that hinted about the recent airplane disaster in the Ukraine. That received plenty of backlash from the media and from fans on social media websites. It got to the point where WWE even released a official statement with a veiled jab at those who are complaining.
July 21, 2014
After successfully retaining the heavyweight championship at WWE Battleground 2014, many would expect John Cena to be at Monday Night Raw for some sort of victory promo. However, the popular performer hopped on a plane Monday morning in Tampa to head to New York City. Cena is filming some scenes for an upcoming movie and will not be at Raw.
July 21, 2014
With the pay per view just a day away, rumors are firing up about WWE pulling the trigger on the Roman Reigns era. There are talks that he could walk out of the WWE Battleground 2014 pay per view as the new heavyweight champion. Management might be forced to give John Cena some time off to film some scenes in a big movie, so the title change has been discussed heavily over the last couple of days.
July 19, 2014
In a rather interesting move, management has removed Adam Rose and Damien Sandow from the Intercontinental Championship battle royal at WWE Battleground 2014. No word yet on why they were pulled from the match, but rumors are floating around that the two of them could be given a singles match on the pay per view. As of right now, there are twenty remaining contestants competing for the belt.
July 16, 2014
While many were afraid that the injury would cause him to lose his push, the fact that management has Wade Barrett scheduled to make an appearance at WWE Battleground 2014 is a good sign that the elevation will continue once he makes his return. The belief is that Barrett will be handing over the Intercontinental Championship to the winner of the battle royal, while planting the seeds for a future feud.
July 15, 2014
Since management did not want to have two divas matches on WWE Battleground 2014, the decision was made to have the match between Cameron and Naomi Knight take place on the kickoff show instead. The segment was needed for the upcoming season of Total Divas. Otherwise, the story would have been placed on the back burner once AJ Lee decided to make her return to WWE.
July 15, 2014
Rumors are floating around that the segment on Monday Night Raw between John Cena and Ric Flair was a subtle way for WWE to retire the world heavyweight championship belt. For those that missed it, Cena handed the belt over to Flair and told the legendary performer to keep it. WWE has not released an official statement on the matter yet, so fans will be tuning in to Smackdown and WWE Battleground 2014 to see the fate of the belt.
July 15, 2014
A lot of wrestling fans were a bit confused on Monday Night Raw this week when it was revealed that Paul Heyman and Antonio Cesaro are no longer together. The reason for the abrupt split is because WWE wants Heyman to be associated only with Brock Lesnar, who is rumored to be returning as soon as the night after WWE Battleground 2014. The former UFC champion is rumored to be on the receiving end of a huge push in the coming months.
July 15, 2014
Since management wanted to fill in some time at WWE Battleground 2014, the decision was made to book Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan into a best of three falls match for the tag team championship. The two teams have produced some good matches for WWE, so management is hoping that they can fill in a good amount of time at the pay per view for them.
July 9, 2014
About a month ago, it was reported that David Otunga was on his way back to WWE. He revealed those plans to the media, but those plans have yet to surface. It is being said that management simply has not come up with a story for him to make his return to Monday Night Raw and Smackdown. Some are speculating that he could be a mystery entrant into the upcoming Intercontinental Championship battle royal at WWE Battleground 2014.
July 8, 2014
While he has already been officially added to the match at WWE Battleground 2014, very few people backstage in WWE expect Kofi Kingston to be given much consideration as the new Intercontinental Champion. The belief is that he is simply in the match to act as filler and to produce an entertaining spot, which he has routinely done well for the company.
July 5, 2014
Some more names have been added to the upcoming WWE Intercontinental Championship battle royal. Big E, Curtis Axel, Dolph Ziggler, Rob Van Dam and Ryback are now in the match at WWE Battleground 2014. They join Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, Great Khali and Antonio Cesaro. As of right now, the company is favoring the idea of giving the title to Cesaro.
July 2, 2014
On Monday Night Raw, WWE was quick to set up the main event for WWE Battleground 2014. John Cena will defend the heavyweight championship in a fatal four way match against Roman Reigns, Randy Orton and Kane. The move was set up by Triple H, who did not reveal his reasoning for putting Reigns, an adversary, into the title match instead of Seth Rollins.
July 1, 2014
As of right now, WWE has a big match between Roman Reigns and Randy Orton penciled in for WWE Battleground 2014. The company could set up the feud during the title match at Money in the Bank 2014. There are some rumors floating around that Orton and Reigns could be battling for the title at Battleground, even though it's a bit early for the big push to begin.
June 28, 2014
Rumors are floating around right now that Cameron will be doing a heel turn at Money in the Bank 2014. She will more than likely cost Naomi Knight her chance at the WWE Divas Championship. There is also speculations that the incident will then lead to a triple threat match at WWE Battleground 2014, which would also feature Paige as the champion still.
June 27, 2014
Ever since the shocking heel turn by Seth Rollins against Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns took place on Monday Night Raw, there has been a lot of speculations as to when WWE would have the former Shield partners fighting one another. As of right now, the strongest rumors are that Rollins and Ambrose will be facing one another at Money in the Bank 2014, while Rollins and Reigns will have their match at WWE Battleground 2014.
June 8, 2014
With Rey Mysterio possibly done with the company and Sin Cara being phased out, WWE has turned to Antonio Cesaro to do promotional work in Mexico this week. Management views him as one of the top performers when it comes to international appeal, as Cesaro has been used in this role before in other countries. Rosa Mendes was also sent along as well since she is Hispanic.
July 16, 2014
During a recent interview, Konnan revealed some dirt on the real life backstage fight between Sheamus and Hunico. Konnan stated that Sheamus had started the incident by being disrespectful towards the masked performer backstage. He also stated that Sheamus threw the first punch, but ended up losing to the current Sin Cara. Some are speculating that Konnan is just being biased towards Hunico, and the facts are a bit skewed.
June 24, 2014
If you're still a fan of Sin Cara and want to keep up with the former WWE star, he is now going by the new name of Myzteziz. However, the masked performer is only using that name in AAA. Rumors have it that the promotion wanted to avoid a legal battle with WWE, so they insisted that he come up with a new name that they can trademark. Sin Cara will continue using the name and gimmick outside of that promotion, though.
June 5, 2014
After months of legal threats towards one another, it appears that the issue between Sin Cara and WWE might be coming to an end, as the masked performer has informed fans that he wants a new name. Both sides have claimed that they legally own the trademark. Sin Cara himself had been using the name and likeness down in Mexico for the past couple of months.
May 24, 2014
Rumors are spreading quickly through the industry that Sheamus and Hunico were involved in a real life backstage fight during the Smackdown taping on Tuesday night. Reports are stating that Hunico, who has been working under a mask as Sin Cara, was the one that got the upper hand in the scuffle. No word yet on what started the situation.
May 7, 2014
While his stint in the United States can be considered a failure due to the high expectations that WWE and their fans had, Sin Cara is still considered quite a draw in Mexico. Now that he is associated with AAA again, the masked star is being featured heavily in promotional campaigns. The company is even using the Sin Cara name, even though WWE owns the trademark.
May 1, 2014
The original Sin Cara is signing a contract with AAA soon. The belief is that he is still waiting for his non compete clause with WWE to expire. The company did not deem him to be valuable enough to sign to a contract extension last year. It will be interesting to see what name he utilizes in AAA, as WWE owns Sin Cara and CMLL owns Mistico.
April 26, 2014
While internet wrestling fans make a big deal out of it, the Sin Cara botch issues aren't really all that much of a concern to WWE. Management knows that when you work that style of wrestling, you're going to make mistakes. The backstage attitude and sense of entitlement was more of an issue than Sin Cara having botches in his matches.
April 14, 2014
While he has been protesting through social media and threatening legal actions, the original Sin Cara has not actually gone after WWE yet. The belief is that he is just issuing empty threats, as the performer has now gone back to his Mistico name and character in Mexico. It appears that WWE might actually hold the rights to the Sin Cara name after all.
April 13, 2014
During an interview with Medio Tiempo in Mexico, Rey Mysterio was asked about Sin Cara, and the popular WWE star was a bit critical of his former tag team partner. Mysterio felt that Sin Cara could have been the one to take over for him, but he allowed his ego to ruin things in WWE. Mysterio also noted that Sin Cara should have worked harder on his English skills.
April 11, 2014
A video from WWE Main Event of a match between Alexander Rusev, who made his in ring debut on Monday Night Raw this week against Zack Ryder, and Sin Cara. This segment was designed to give even further credibility to Rusev, who is expected to be booked in victories on television over the next couple of weeks.
April 11, 2014
While there is a potential big legal battle in the works, Sin Cara revealed on Twitter that he will be using the Mistico name and character again in Mexico. There has been some dispute as to who owns the Sin Cara trademark. The performer believes that it belongs to him, while WWE is the one that holds all the paperwork.
March 26, 2014
The odd saga between Sin Cara and WWE continued this week, as the masked performer was upset with Hunico portraying his character with Scooby Doo on Monday Night Raw. He even went as far as to send messages to Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H via Twitter to vent his frustrations, but he wisely deleted the messages shortly afterwards.
March 25, 2014
WWE has announced that the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal will consists of Alberto Del Rio, Big E Langston, Big Show, Brodus Clay, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Fandango, Goldust, Great Khali, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, Miz, R Truth, Rey Mysterio, Santino Marella, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Titus ONeil and Zack Ryder. There are also four spots available for last minute entrants.
March 25, 2014
While he was initially penciled in for a huge match against Sin Cara at Wrestlemania 30, it now appears that Rey Mysterio will be working the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal instead. WWE has been downplaying his importance because he has not signed a new contract, but this match enables them to feature the popular performer on a pay per view.
March 19, 2014
While there is a legal storm brewing between the two sides, there is now a chance that WWE might not be willing to fight with Sin Cara over the use of the name, as the value of the character has dropped tremendously over the last couple of weeks. When merchandise sales remained strong, management utilized Hunico in the role to help keep that going. The numbers have since dropped.
March 14, 2014
Apparently, Sin Cara remains defiant towards WWE, as the masked performer is appearing on television shows for AAA. According to WWE, he is under a 90 day no compete clause, which prevents wrestlers from immediately working televised events after leaving the company. Management is said to be fine with him working non televised events for independent wrestling promotions, though.
March 9, 2014
Despite being sent legal threats from the company, it appears that Sin Cara has opted to be defiant towards WWE. The masked wrestler recently won a championship down in Mexico while using the name and character, both of which he claims ownership to. New merchandise has been made despite the possibility of a lawsuit coming.
March 5, 2014
While a lot of fans have already forgotten about him, a few still wonder about his whereabouts and status within WWE. It turns out that Camacho is still with the company, as he worked a WWE NXT television taping this week. He lost to Adrian Neville. His partner, Hunico, frequently works under the mask as the new Sin Cara, for those that are not aware.
March 2, 2014