There were some concerns over Roman Reigns after Monday Night Raw. Aside from requiring a couple of stitches to close a cut above his eye, the WWE medical staff is afraid that he might have suffered a concussion. Management needs him healthy for a big push at Wrestlemania 30.
"My info on CM Punk: I do know from sources that at Monday Night Raw in CLE there was heated exchange backstage between Punk & staff. Topic - concussion. Punk was heard arguing with staff saying 'I passed all your damn concussion test' and 'I'm not going out and telling fans that BS'"
- Casey Kulas, an ESPN employee in Cleveland
Daniel Bryan made his injury return to the ring during a live event on Saturday night, where he worked a steel cage match against Bray Wyatt. WWE had kept Bryan from wrestling since he suffered his concussion, so that he can recover and work Royal Rumble 2014.
Dolph Ziggler is still hoping to get cleared by the WWE medical staff, so that he can work Royal Rumble 2014. The former world heavyweight champion has not worked a televised match for WWE since January 6 because of a concussion.
After taking a couple of concussion tests during the afternoon, Daniel Bryan was cleared by WWE to return to the ring before Monday Night Raw. Even though he was allowed to get physically involved, management made sure to protect him, so he can be available for Royal Rumble 2014.
Despite still recovering from a concussion, Daniel Bryan is backstage at Monday Night Raw right now, and all signs are pointing to the former WWE champion making an appearance on television tonight. The company is still trying to decide if he will be able to work the Royal Rumble pay per view.
Since Daniel Bryan is out with a concussion, WWE needed someone to work with Bray Wyatt at the live event, as the two of them have been paired up for the last couple of weeks in preparations for their match at the Royal Rumble, so officials opted to go with the Big Show as a replacement.
With WWE needing Daniel Bryan for the long term, steps are being taken to ensure that he maintains his health. Since his concussion symptoms are still bad, management has discussed the possibility of canceling his big match against Bray Wyatt at the Royal Rumble.
Since the company really needs him for the Royal Rumble, WWE has opted to give Daniel Bryan a much needed break this weekend, so that he can recover from the concussion he suffered on Monday Night Raw last week. He was pulled from all of the live events.
Former heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan suffered a concussion during the big main event steel cage match at Monday Night Raw this week. While the moment was quite memorable to WWE fans, Bryan himself is said to not remember much details from the evening.
Even though he suffered another concussion and is awaiting further tests from a specialist, it appears that Dolph Ziggler will still be working for WWE, as the former World Heavyweight Champion has been booked for an appearance with the Miz at a Cleveland Cavaliers game.
While he has not been cleared to return to the ring yet, Dolph Ziggler was said to have responded well to the tests conducted by neuropsychologist. WWE has instructed him to go home and rest up before undergoing another round of testing.
According to the company, Dolph Ziggler suffered another concussion while taping a match against Ryback for an upcoming episode of WWE Superstars in Baltimore last night. The belief is that this is not a story line and is a legitimate injury.
According to an official WWE statement, AJ Lee collapsed at a live event because she has been suffering from dehydration.
AJ Lee collapsed at a live event in London, so WWE officials had to come out to the ring and cancel her match.
Tommy Dreamer revealed that his wife, Beulah McGillicutty, has been hospitalized with post concussion syndrome.
While he has not been given a feud to work with since making his return to WWE, Rey Mysterio is very much still a part of the plans for Wrestlemania 30. He was penciled in for a big match against Sin Cara, but management is now looking for a new opponent for him at the pay per view.
Aside from half hearted programs with Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio really has not been given a full program by WWE to work with since wrestling John Cena at Survivor Series 2013. However, the feeling backstage is that Del Rio is assured a spot at Wrestlemania 30 to draw in the Spanish media.
Since he is claiming that he owns the copyright to the name, Luis Alvirde is still utilizing the Sin Cara name. The masked performer used the moniker while working shows in Mexico and Puerto Rico recently. The belief is that WWE be pursuing legal actions against him.
In another sign that the business relationship between Sin Cara and WWE is over, the masked performer has been signed by World Wrestling League, a promotion in Puerto Rico. He's still interested in returning to USA and working with WWE again, but the feeling is not mutual.
Sin Cara has been contacting WWE about a contract extension, and it appears that the company has not been responding to him whatsoever. Officials are not interested in moving forward with the performer, and they plan to eventually phase the character out completely.
While management has given up on the character, WWE will be keeping Sin Cara around because he is featured in the upcoming Scooby Doo movie. Oficials have no plan on bringing the original performer back, so Hunico will have the role until after the movie has been released.
"'I can't believe that Mistico didn't make it in WWE.' Said nobody that knew the real deal.."
- Karl Anderson taking a jab at the release of Sin Cara
One of the backstage issues between Sin Cara and WWE was that the masked superstar refused to learn English. He openly states that he does not like the language, so he never bothered to learn it. Sin Cara also feels that communicaiton isn't a must in the ring.
The original Sin Cara has pulicly stated that he owns the rights to the character. He also claims that he has proof, and that lawyers would be able to sort things out with WWE. Some believe that is the reason why the company has not been pushing the character as much lately.
Sin Cara is going to be making his return to the wrestling ring soon, but it will not be for WWE. The masked star is set to work a show on February 1, 2014 down in Mexico, which is a further sign that a contract extension with WWE is not in the works.