Date of Birth
October 6, 1964
Place of Birth
On Monday Night Raw, Triple H cut a promo that took a jab at wrestling fans online. Some more details have been revealed now. The segment was in response to what HHH saw online from fans who complained about WWE Battleground 2014 being a sub par show. It has been said on multiple occasions that he hates fans who think they know how the business works.
July 24, 2014
As late as Saturday, management had plans in place for Bray Wyatt to beat Chris Jericho at WWE Battleground 2014. However, Vince McMahon called an audible and had Jericho winning the match. No word yet on why McMahon made this decision, but it is being said that a lot of people backstage were against the idea because Wyatt had already started losing momentum with the audience.
July 22, 2014
Fans who watched WWE Battleground 2014 noticed that Rob Van Dam did not perform. It has now been revealed that the former world heavyweight champion was forced to miss the pay per view because of an undisclosed injury. An update has been promised by WWE in regards to the nature of the ailment. No word yet on whether or not RVD will be missing time from the road.
July 21, 2014
At WWE Battleground 2014, Miz won the battle royal to become the new Intercontinental Champion. Sheamus is the reigning United States Heavyweight Champion. The two of them are feuding. That has led to rumors of a title unification match taking place at Summerslam 2014. The belief is that WWE really wants to stack up this pay per view to build momentum for the upcoming subscription rush for the WWE Network.
July 21, 2014
Vince McMahon decided to take a huge gamble at WWE Battleground 2014 when he had Lana and Alexander Rusev cutting a promo that hinted about the recent airplane disaster in the Ukraine. That received plenty of backlash from the media and from fans on social media websites. It got to the point where WWE even released a official statement with a veiled jab at those who are complaining.
July 21, 2014
After successfully retaining the heavyweight championship at WWE Battleground 2014, many would expect John Cena to be at Monday Night Raw for some sort of victory promo. However, the popular performer hopped on a plane Monday morning in Tampa to head to New York City. Cena is filming some scenes for an upcoming movie and will not be at Raw.
July 21, 2014
With the pay per view just a day away, rumors are firing up about WWE pulling the trigger on the Roman Reigns era. There are talks that he could walk out of the WWE Battleground 2014 pay per view as the new heavyweight champion. Management might be forced to give John Cena some time off to film some scenes in a big movie, so the title change has been discussed heavily over the last couple of days.
July 19, 2014
In a rather interesting move, management has removed Adam Rose and Damien Sandow from the Intercontinental Championship battle royal at WWE Battleground 2014. No word yet on why they were pulled from the match, but rumors are floating around that the two of them could be given a singles match on the pay per view. As of right now, there are twenty remaining contestants competing for the belt.
July 16, 2014
While many were afraid that the injury would cause him to lose his push, the fact that management has Wade Barrett scheduled to make an appearance at WWE Battleground 2014 is a good sign that the elevation will continue once he makes his return. The belief is that Barrett will be handing over the Intercontinental Championship to the winner of the battle royal, while planting the seeds for a future feud.
July 15, 2014
Since management did not want to have two divas matches on WWE Battleground 2014, the decision was made to have the match between Cameron and Naomi Knight take place on the kickoff show instead. The segment was needed for the upcoming season of Total Divas. Otherwise, the story would have been placed on the back burner once AJ Lee decided to make her return to WWE.
July 15, 2014
Rumors are floating around that the segment on Monday Night Raw between John Cena and Ric Flair was a subtle way for WWE to retire the world heavyweight championship belt. For those that missed it, Cena handed the belt over to Flair and told the legendary performer to keep it. WWE has not released an official statement on the matter yet, so fans will be tuning in to Smackdown and WWE Battleground 2014 to see the fate of the belt.
July 15, 2014
A lot of wrestling fans were a bit confused on Monday Night Raw this week when it was revealed that Paul Heyman and Antonio Cesaro are no longer together. The reason for the abrupt split is because WWE wants Heyman to be associated only with Brock Lesnar, who is rumored to be returning as soon as the night after WWE Battleground 2014. The former UFC champion is rumored to be on the receiving end of a huge push in the coming months.
July 15, 2014
Since management wanted to fill in some time at WWE Battleground 2014, the decision was made to book Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan into a best of three falls match for the tag team championship. The two teams have produced some good matches for WWE, so management is hoping that they can fill in a good amount of time at the pay per view for them.
July 9, 2014
About a month ago, it was reported that David Otunga was on his way back to WWE. He revealed those plans to the media, but those plans have yet to surface. It is being said that management simply has not come up with a story for him to make his return to Monday Night Raw and Smackdown. Some are speculating that he could be a mystery entrant into the upcoming Intercontinental Championship battle royal at WWE Battleground 2014.
July 8, 2014
While he has already been officially added to the match at WWE Battleground 2014, very few people backstage in WWE expect Kofi Kingston to be given much consideration as the new Intercontinental Champion. The belief is that he is simply in the match to act as filler and to produce an entertaining spot, which he has routinely done well for the company.
July 5, 2014
Some more names have been added to the upcoming WWE Intercontinental Championship battle royal. Big E, Curtis Axel, Dolph Ziggler, Rob Van Dam and Ryback are now in the match at WWE Battleground 2014. They join Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, Great Khali and Antonio Cesaro. As of right now, the company is favoring the idea of giving the title to Cesaro.
July 2, 2014
On Monday Night Raw, WWE was quick to set up the main event for WWE Battleground 2014. John Cena will defend the heavyweight championship in a fatal four way match against Roman Reigns, Randy Orton and Kane. The move was set up by Triple H, who did not reveal his reasoning for putting Reigns, an adversary, into the title match instead of Seth Rollins.
July 1, 2014
As of right now, WWE has a big match between Roman Reigns and Randy Orton penciled in for WWE Battleground 2014. The company could set up the feud during the title match at Money in the Bank 2014. There are some rumors floating around that Orton and Reigns could be battling for the title at Battleground, even though it's a bit early for the big push to begin.
June 28, 2014
Rumors are floating around right now that Cameron will be doing a heel turn at Money in the Bank 2014. She will more than likely cost Naomi Knight her chance at the WWE Divas Championship. There is also speculations that the incident will then lead to a triple threat match at WWE Battleground 2014, which would also feature Paige as the champion still.
June 27, 2014
Ever since the shocking heel turn by Seth Rollins against Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns took place on Monday Night Raw, there has been a lot of speculations as to when WWE would have the former Shield partners fighting one another. As of right now, the strongest rumors are that Rollins and Ambrose will be facing one another at Money in the Bank 2014, while Rollins and Reigns will have their match at WWE Battleground 2014.
June 8, 2014
When the decision was made between TNA and Spike to move Impact Wrestling to Wednesday nights instead of Thursday, both sides were aware that it might take some fans time to get used to that. As expected, the ratings dropped initially. However, Dixie Carter and company have been slowly turning things around, and a lot of the viewers are now aware that they are on a different day.
September 19, 2014
During a recent interview, Dixie Carter was asked about the situation involving the departure of AJ Styles from TNA. She stated that she felt the company gave him a respectful offer. While she did praise him as a model employee, Carter also goes on to state that she feels that Styles made a mistake by not accepting the contract. The former world heavyweight champion has publicly stated that he felt that the offer was insulting.
September 16, 2014
While reports are saying that their contract with Spike TV is expiring at the end of the year, executives in TNA are still making moves as if they are definitely going to remain on television. The company has now booked the Manhattan Center in New York City for three more episodes of Impact Wrestling. It appears that Dixie Carter is extremely confident that they will be signing a deal somewhere.
September 15, 2014
Dixie Carter has remained steadfast in TNA being able to keep Impact Wrestling on television. While a deal with Spike is now unlikely, the company has received interest from Velocity and WGN. The latest reports are saying that there are two other networks, which are currently unnamed at this time, interested. One of the networks is said to even be stronger than Spike.
September 11, 2014
While there has not been a lot of news recently about the television contract situation in TNA, there is still a ton of things going on backstage. Reports have surfaced that Dixie Carter has been meeting with potential silent investors. For those that are not aware, silent investors are those that do not have much of a say in how the company operates. There are talks that the investment amount starts at $10 million.
September 9, 2014
One of the more discussed topics online among wrestling fans is the future of Impact Wrestling, whose television contract with Spike is expiring at the end of the year and is reportedly not being renewed. Dixie Carter has stated that the company is still in negotiations to remain on television. A new network has popped up as a potential landing spot, and that network is WGN, who used to broadcast WWE shows.
September 7, 2014
There are rumors floating around right now that Dixie Carter might be skipping out on Bound For Glory. That, of course, should spark up some speculation from fans that TNA is on the verge of shutting down. However, the possible reason why she may not attend the upcoming pay per view is because she might not physically be capable of enduring the long flight to Japan. She is still recovering from injuries suffered from the flying table spot with Bully Ray.
September 4, 2014
Reports have surfaced that the network currently interested in bringing TNA on board is Velocity. The channel is available in approximately 52 million households right now. Velocity is aimed at males between the ages of 25 and 54, which is beneficial to Dixie Carter and company because that is similar to the audience that Spike targets. No word yet on how far along the negotiations are at the moment.
August 25, 2014
Some interesting rumors have popped up about TNA and their attempt to get a new television contract for Impact Wrestling. It appears that Dixie Carter is not panicking because the company has another network lined up. It is being said that it is not a major one, but it should enable TNA to remain available nationally, which is something that the company desperately needs.
August 24, 2014
As the company continues their negotiations with Spike TV, TNA has signed a new television contract with SuperSport in Africa. The deal is for five years, which means that Dixie Carter and company will maintain a strong presence overseas, even if they are unable to secure another deal with Spike. Many in the industry are under the impression that Impact Wrestling will remain on television in the United States somehow.
August 21, 2014
After reading the latest announcement from Dixie Carter, it appears that the deal between Impact Wrestling and Spike has been extended until at least a couple of months. The TNA president stated that her weekly show will be on Wednesday until the end of the year. The contract was initially said to be ending in the fall. Carter also noted that negotiations are still ongoing between the two sides.
August 20, 2014
While the widespread assumption is that Spike and TNA have parted ways, the two sides still remain in negotiations on a new television contract. Executives from the network were backstage at the recent taping of Impact Wrestling. There were also representatives from other television networks on hand as well, as they are interested in doing a deal with Dixie Carter.
August 17, 2014
When Bound For Glory 2014 was announced, there were some concerns because New Japan was doing a show at the same venue on the same day as well. Dixie Carter and Great Muta no longer need to worry about that since NJPW has decided to cancel the event. No word yet on the cause behind the cancellation. There are some speculations that Jeff Jarrett, who was recently in Japan, might have had something to do with it.
August 16, 2014
As the company still works on negotiating a new television contract with Spike TV, Dixie Carter is actually moving forward with plans for the company to go back on the road. She is currently working with a marketing firm to come up with a profitable plan on doing live events again. TNA had struggled to fill arenas over the last year, so it is a smart move for Carter to seek outside help in this area.
August 16, 2014
Since her character has a broken back, Dixie Carter is selling that fact by staying away from Impact Wrestling. However, TNA fans will get to see her at least once more. Mikey Tenay and Carter will be doing an interview from her home soon. The move is designed to further the story line and generate more of a reaction for Bully Ray and the other faces.
August 15, 2014
A really interesting move was just announced by Dixie Carter. Impact Wrestling is moving to Wednesday night, and it is happening immediately after this upcoming episode. August 20th will be the next day that TNA is back on Spike TV. A lot of speculations have arisen because of this move, and some are wondering if this means that a new television contract has been signed.
August 14, 2014
One of the big stories of the year is that Dixie Carter allowed herself to be placed through a table by Bully Ray on Impact Wrestling. That has brought some praise, both from within TNA and across the industry, for Carter. She is not a trained professional wrestler, and she is closing in on 50 years of age. Some do believe that she is trying her best to help the company out.
August 14, 2014
There is a lot of pressure on Dixie Carter nowadays because many believe that TNA is going to be closing shop soon. However, the belief is that if she can come through and get a television deal set for Impact Wrestling, then she will have earned the respect of many people backstage in the company and in the industry. A win like that might even help her repair her reputation with online critics.
August 12, 2014
Since the company views it as a monumental moment, TNA is now selling the table that was shattered to pieces when Bully Ray delivered a top rope power bomb to Dixie Carter on Impact Wrestling last week. The cost is $199.99. It comes with a photo, a piece of the ring canvas, a piece of the table and a certificate of authenticity. It might become a collector's item some day.
August 11, 2014
While a lot of fans have been trying to calculate when the final episode of Impact Wrestling is going to be, it is said that TNA management has not openly discussed that possibility at the moment. Dixie Carter is carrying on like the company is going to get another television deal, even if it is not with Spike TV. Officials do not want to make the performers paranoid by making them think otherwise.
August 9, 2014