WWE DOING WAR GAMES
Home » Articles » WWE doing War Games
Aided by the fact that so many fans want to see it coming back, rumors have been spreading that WWE is considering the idea of doing a War Games match between Shield (Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins) and Evolution (Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista) at WWE Battleground in July. However, management has long been against the idea, so things are still up in the air.
April 23, 2014
On Monday Night Raw, Triple H cut a promo that took a jab at wrestling fans online. Some more details have been revealed now. The segment was in response to what HHH saw online from fans who complained about WWE Battleground 2014 being a sub par show. It has been said on multiple occasions that he hates fans who think they know how the business works.
July 24, 2014
On Monday Night Raw, WWE was quick to set up the main event for WWE Battleground 2014. John Cena will defend the heavyweight championship in a fatal four way match against Roman Reigns, Randy Orton and Kane. The move was set up by Triple H, who did not reveal his reasoning for putting Reigns, an adversary, into the title match instead of Seth Rollins.
July 1, 2014
Aided by the fact that so many fans want to see it coming back, rumors have been spreading that WWE is considering the idea of doing a War Games match between Shield (Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins) and Evolution (Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista) at WWE Battleground in July. However, management has long been against the idea, so things are still up in the air.
April 23, 2014
As late as Saturday, management had plans in place for Bray Wyatt to beat Chris Jericho at WWE Battleground 2014. However, Vince McMahon called an audible and had Jericho winning the match. No word yet on why McMahon made this decision, but it is being said that a lot of people backstage were against the idea because Wyatt had already started losing momentum with the audience.
July 22, 2014
Fans who watched WWE Battleground 2014 noticed that Rob Van Dam did not perform. It has now been revealed that the former world heavyweight champion was forced to miss the pay per view because of an undisclosed injury. An update has been promised by WWE in regards to the nature of the ailment. No word yet on whether or not RVD will be missing time from the road.
July 21, 2014
At WWE Battleground 2014, Miz won the battle royal to become the new Intercontinental Champion. Sheamus is the reigning United States Heavyweight Champion. The two of them are feuding. That has led to rumors of a title unification match taking place at Summerslam 2014. The belief is that WWE really wants to stack up this pay per view to build momentum for the upcoming subscription rush for the WWE Network.
July 21, 2014
Vince McMahon decided to take a huge gamble at WWE Battleground 2014 when he had Lana and Alexander Rusev cutting a promo that hinted about the recent airplane disaster in the Ukraine. That received plenty of backlash from the media and from fans on social media websites. It got to the point where WWE even released a official statement with a veiled jab at those who are complaining.
July 21, 2014
After successfully retaining the heavyweight championship at WWE Battleground 2014, many would expect John Cena to be at Monday Night Raw for some sort of victory promo. However, the popular performer hopped on a plane Monday morning in Tampa to head to New York City. Cena is filming some scenes for an upcoming movie and will not be at Raw.
July 21, 2014
With the pay per view just a day away, rumors are firing up about WWE pulling the trigger on the Roman Reigns era. There are talks that he could walk out of the WWE Battleground 2014 pay per view as the new heavyweight champion. Management might be forced to give John Cena some time off to film some scenes in a big movie, so the title change has been discussed heavily over the last couple of days.
July 19, 2014
In a rather interesting move, management has removed Adam Rose and Damien Sandow from the Intercontinental Championship battle royal at WWE Battleground 2014. No word yet on why they were pulled from the match, but rumors are floating around that the two of them could be given a singles match on the pay per view. As of right now, there are twenty remaining contestants competing for the belt.
July 16, 2014
While many were afraid that the injury would cause him to lose his push, the fact that management has Wade Barrett scheduled to make an appearance at WWE Battleground 2014 is a good sign that the elevation will continue once he makes his return. The belief is that Barrett will be handing over the Intercontinental Championship to the winner of the battle royal, while planting the seeds for a future feud.
July 15, 2014
Since management did not want to have two divas matches on WWE Battleground 2014, the decision was made to have the match between Cameron and Naomi Knight take place on the kickoff show instead. The segment was needed for the upcoming season of Total Divas. Otherwise, the story would have been placed on the back burner once AJ Lee decided to make her return to WWE.
July 15, 2014
Rumors are floating around that the segment on Monday Night Raw between John Cena and Ric Flair was a subtle way for WWE to retire the world heavyweight championship belt. For those that missed it, Cena handed the belt over to Flair and told the legendary performer to keep it. WWE has not released an official statement on the matter yet, so fans will be tuning in to Smackdown and WWE Battleground 2014 to see the fate of the belt.
July 15, 2014
A lot of wrestling fans were a bit confused on Monday Night Raw this week when it was revealed that Paul Heyman and Antonio Cesaro are no longer together. The reason for the abrupt split is because WWE wants Heyman to be associated only with Brock Lesnar, who is rumored to be returning as soon as the night after WWE Battleground 2014. The former UFC champion is rumored to be on the receiving end of a huge push in the coming months.
July 15, 2014
Since management wanted to fill in some time at WWE Battleground 2014, the decision was made to book Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan into a best of three falls match for the tag team championship. The two teams have produced some good matches for WWE, so management is hoping that they can fill in a good amount of time at the pay per view for them.
July 9, 2014
About a month ago, it was reported that David Otunga was on his way back to WWE. He revealed those plans to the media, but those plans have yet to surface. It is being said that management simply has not come up with a story for him to make his return to Monday Night Raw and Smackdown. Some are speculating that he could be a mystery entrant into the upcoming Intercontinental Championship battle royal at WWE Battleground 2014.
July 8, 2014
While he has already been officially added to the match at WWE Battleground 2014, very few people backstage in WWE expect Kofi Kingston to be given much consideration as the new Intercontinental Champion. The belief is that he is simply in the match to act as filler and to produce an entertaining spot, which he has routinely done well for the company.
July 5, 2014
Some more names have been added to the upcoming WWE Intercontinental Championship battle royal. Big E, Curtis Axel, Dolph Ziggler, Rob Van Dam and Ryback are now in the match at WWE Battleground 2014. They join Kofi Kingston, Damien Sandow, Great Khali and Antonio Cesaro. As of right now, the company is favoring the idea of giving the title to Cesaro.
July 2, 2014
Earlier in the week, it was reported that WWE had offered Kurt Angle a full time contract, which he turned down because he wanted a part time deal to preserve his body and health. There are speculations floating around that Triple H only made that offer because he knew that Angle would reject it. Some are still under the belief that HHH wants nothing to do with Angle and is attempting to block his return to the company.
October 15, 2014
On Monday Night Raw, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon announced that John Cena and Dean Ambrose would be facing one another in a match at Hell in a Cell 2014, and the winner would get to work the main event against Seth Rollins in the gigantic steel structure. Rumors are still floating around that the loser of the match will be given Randy Orton as a consolation prize.
October 7, 2014
As many fans are already aware by now, Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury were recently given more of an on screen role as the stooges for Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Since they're still in good shape, there are report floating around that WWE will have them working a match on Monday Night Raw soon. Noble and Mercury spend the majority of their time as backstage agents for the company.
October 2, 2014
Some major trouble is reportedly brewing behind the scenes in WWE, as a new power struggle has just been revealed. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are trying to take some power away from George Barrios and Michelle Wilson, two high ranking executives within the corporation. HHH and Stephanie are using the early failures of the WWE Network against Barrios and Wilson.
September 25, 2014
Professional wrestling and football have long had a connection, as a lot of players from the gridiron have successfully made the switch to the squared circle. Triple H wants that tradition to continue, so WWE is now targeting more football players to join their developmental program. While there are a couple of guys already on the roster with athletic backgrounds, the company is looking for guys with more name value. WWE is also willing to pay these guys more money than the wrestlers.
September 15, 2014
Last week, wrestling fans were dazzled by Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze and Tyson Kidd during a tag team match on Monday Night Raw. You can expect more of that in the near future, as the WWE NXT stars are being booked for more television appearances. Reports have surfaced that Triple H is the one pushing management to feature the developmental wrestlers more frequently.
September 13, 2014
During a recent interview, Sami Zayn revealed that Antonio Cesaro actually made the request to management to go down to WWE NXT and work there. Zayn explained that the motive behind the move was to let certain people backstage see what he was capable of since it is harder to get the spotlight on Monday Night Raw and Smackdown. According to Zayn, Triple H was really impressed with what he saw in Cesaro.
September 11, 2014
The widespread assumption among wrestling fans is that Triple H is the one responsible for bringing in Prince Devitt, Kenta Kobayashi and Kevin Steen into WWE. However, during a recent interview, Kevin Nash specifically stated that HHH was against the idea of bringing in performers who have worked a good amount of time elsewhere. Nash stated that HHH preferred to produce talent in house instead. That has caused people to wonder who was behind the decision to bring in Devitt, Steen and Kobayashi.
September 5, 2014
Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. Rumors have persisted for quite some time now that there is still backstage heat towards Jim Ross in WWE. There is some new evidence to support that claim. Ross recently revealed that the company has not approved any of their performers to be a guest on his podcast show, where Steve Austin and Chris Jericho have had plenty of WWE personnel, including Triple H himself, doing interviews for them.
September 1, 2014
During a recent interview, Sting was asked who he would like to work a match with if the Undertaker is unable to wrestle again. The former world heavyweight champion, who is not under contract to WWE as an in ring performer at the moment, stated that he would love to work with Triple H. A match between the two is possible at Wrestlemania 31.
August 23, 2014
There are rumors floating around right now that Kurt Angle has called Triple H about a possible return to WWE. Reports has surfaced that HHH is not interested in a reunion with the former world heavyweight champion. There is said to be some lingering backstage heat from HHH towards Angle, whose contract with TNA expires in exactly a month from today.
August 21, 2014
When Rey Mysterio decided to make a video appearance at TripleMania for AAA, the belief was that he was doing it as a shot at WWE. Rumors have surfaced that he is quite upset with the company in regards to his contract situation. Reports are now surfacing that Mysterio had a handshake agreement with Triple H that would have enabled him to walk away from the company. However, Vince McMahon reportedly decided to overrule that and force to remain under contract to WWE for another year.
August 20, 2014
Reports are surfacing that there is some backstage heat between Vince McMahon and Triple H at the moment over the main event of Wrestlemania 31. McMahon wants Brock Lesnar to defend the title against the Rock, as he feels that those two guys would produce the biggest draw of a match for WWE. HHH, however, wants the company to elevate Roman Reigns by having him challenge Lesnar.
August 18, 2014
During an interview with Primera Noticias, Alberto Del Rio revealed some details about his release from WWE. He stated that while Vince McMahon did admonish him, he was also told to go back to work. Del Rio found out the following day that he was then given a suspension. Shortly afterwards, Triple H called and told him that he was being fired instead of just suspended.
August 18, 2014
One of the things that will help Roman Reigns in his quest to win the WWE title is the fact that he has a good amount of sex appeal. It was one of the first things that Triple H noticed when he met Reigns. The company keeps track of what fans are saying through social media, and they're easily able to see that a lot of female fans are attracted to his looks. That might help draw in the female demographics.
August 16, 2014