The hot rumors right now is that WWE is going to prevent Alberto Del Rio from working for another wrestling promotion in the United States for the next year. In exchange, the company will continue to pay him, even though he has been given a release. That has led fans to speculate as to how much money he will be given. The belief is that it will not be the full amount of the contract, as he will not be paid for working live events.
August 21, 2014
While management has seemingly given up on the Bo Dallas push, they do not appear to be in a rush to give him a release just yet. The belief is that WWE will keep him around for the time being and utilize him as a roster filler. Dallas is considered a good employee who shows up to work and does not cause trouble backstage. Another push seems to be out of the question, though.
August 18, 2014
During an interview with Primera Noticias, Alberto Del Rio revealed some details about his release from WWE. He stated that while Vince McMahon did admonish him, he was also told to go back to work. Del Rio found out the following day that he was then given a suspension. Shortly afterwards, Triple H called and told him that he was being fired instead of just suspended.
August 18, 2014
As expected, WWE has instructed their performers to remain silent if they are asked about the backstage incident that led to the release of Alberto Del Rio. When asked by the media, Sheamus explicitly stated that he knew nothing of the situation, even though most everyone in the company is aware of what happened. Management does not want to run the risk of starting a legal battle with Del Rio.
August 17, 2014
Earlier this year, Curt Hawkins was delivered a bit of a blow when he was given a release by WWE, a company that he had spent years working for. However, he has kept his head up and has been moving forward in life. Aside from being able to focus more on his wrestling school, the former tag team champion has also announced that he is now engaged to his long time girlfriend.
August 16, 2014
As if he really needed it, Hulk Hogan has gained more leverage with WWE when it comes to capitalizing on his name value. The special edition of the upcoming WWE 2K15 with his face attached to it has reportedly been sold out at a lot of retailers, even though the release date is still several weeks away. Hogan has been quite the asset to the company over the last year, and he more than likely will continue to cash in big checks from WWE.
August 16, 2014
Apparently, there is a deal in place where the wrestlers are supposed to receive a portion of the money made from the WWE Network. No word yet on how big of a percentage that Vince McMahon is giving out. Unfortunately for the performers, though, no money is being paid out right now because the online service is losing a ton of money and forcing the company to release employees left and right.
August 15, 2014
Some further information is being leaked about the situation that caused Alberto Del Rio to be given a release by WWE. Cody Barbierri, the employee that was allegedly slapped by Del Rio, apparently has a history of saying derogatory things towards the wrestlers. Reports are surfacing that he has gotten away with things in the past because he is backed by Stephanie McMahon. This would explain why a good amount of wrestlers backed Del Rio when he left the company.
August 14, 2014
There has been a lot of speculation floating around about Alberto Del Rio and his release from WWE since word got out that the former world heavyweight champion was going to be making an appearance for AAA at TripleMania this upcoming weekend. Some believe that he was able to convince WWE to waive his 90 day no compete clause because of the backstage incident.
August 13, 2014
As many already know, WWE has been trying to downplay the importance of Great Khali to the company. For years, he was paid a very high salary because of his overseas marketing appeal. However, with WWE losing a ton of money lately, there are talks that the former world heavyweight champion could become a casualty soon. Giving him a release would save WWE close to a million dollars a year.
August 13, 2014
Rumors are spreading that Alberto Del Rio could possibly become one of the bigger names to sign with Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Wrestling. The speculation is due to the fact that the two of them will both be at TripleMania this weekend. Jarrett has a business relationship with AAA and will be wrestling at the pay per view, while Del Rio, fresh off of a controversial release from WWE, will be making an appearance.
August 12, 2014
The Alberto Del Rio story has just gotten a little more interesting. An employee of AAA has announced that the former world heavyweight champion will be making an appearance at TripleMania, which is the Mexican version of Wrestlemania, on Sunday night. Generally, WWE enforces a 90 day clause on performers who are given a release. There is a possibility that Del Rio might not be under that clause, which means that his chances of showing up in TNA has increased tremendously.
August 11, 2014
As many of you already know by now, Alberto Del Rio was given his release from WWE because of an incident backstage where he allegedly slapped an employee for saying something racist. Reports are now surfacing that a lot of the wrestlers have sided with Del Rio and are upset with management for cutting him loose in the manner that they did.
August 11, 2014
There are still a lot of fans under the belief that the Alberto Del Rio release was a work by WWE. Some are basing solely on the fact that the company has addressed his actions in a straightforward manner. Those within the industry, though, know that this is a legitimate thing. There is no story line being set up for a feud between Del Rio and Triple H.
August 10, 2014
When Mark Yeaton was given a release from WWE, many assumed that it was because the company was just trying to save money. However, speculations are now arising that there might have been more to it. Yeaton, who has worked with the company for approximately three decades, was close with Kevin Dunn. Triple H and Dunn are reportedly locked in a power struggle backstage to see who can sway Vince McMahon the most.
August 10, 2014
During a recent interview, Konnan revealed some dirt on the real life backstage fight between Sheamus and Hunico. Konnan stated that Sheamus had started the incident by being disrespectful towards the masked performer backstage. He also stated that Sheamus threw the first punch, but ended up losing to the current Sin Cara. Some are speculating that Konnan is just being biased towards Hunico, and the facts are a bit skewed.
June 24, 2014
If you're still a fan of Sin Cara and want to keep up with the former WWE star, he is now going by the new name of Myzteziz. However, the masked performer is only using that name in AAA. Rumors have it that the promotion wanted to avoid a legal battle with WWE, so they insisted that he come up with a new name that they can trademark. Sin Cara will continue using the name and gimmick outside of that promotion, though.
June 5, 2014
"Must be getting punchy. Do't remember being beaten up by Sin Cara backstage. It's just how Mexicans and we Irishmen huge it out, fella." - Sheamus addresses the rumors of backstage heat and a real life fight with Sin Cara backstage
May 8, 2014
Rumors are spreading quickly through the industry that Sheamus and Hunico were involved in a real life backstage fight during the Smackdown taping on Tuesday night. Reports are stating that Hunico, who has been working under a mask as Sin Cara, was the one that got the upper hand in the scuffle. No word yet on what started the situation.
May 7, 2014
The original Sin Cara is signing a contract with AAA soon. The belief is that he is still waiting for his non compete clause with WWE to expire. The company did not deem him to be valuable enough to sign to a contract extension last year. It will be interesting to see what name he utilizes in AAA, as WWE owns Sin Cara and CMLL owns Mistico.
April 26, 2014
While internet wrestling fans make a big deal out of it, the Sin Cara botch issues aren't really all that much of a concern to WWE. Management knows that when you work that style of wrestling, you're going to make mistakes. The backstage attitude and sense of entitlement was more of an issue than Sin Cara having botches in his matches.
April 14, 2014
While he has been protesting through social media and threatening legal actions, the original Sin Cara has not actually gone after WWE yet. The belief is that he is just issuing empty threats, as the performer has now gone back to his Mistico name and character in Mexico. It appears that WWE might actually hold the rights to the Sin Cara name after all.
April 13, 2014
A video from WWE Main Event of a match between Alexander Rusev, who made his in ring debut on Monday Night Raw this week against Zack Ryder, and Sin Cara. This segment was designed to give even further credibility to Rusev, who is expected to be booked in victories on television over the next couple of weeks.
April 11, 2014
While there is a potential big legal battle in the works, Sin Cara revealed on Twitter that he will be using the Mistico name and character again in Mexico. There has been some dispute as to who owns the Sin Cara trademark. The performer believes that it belongs to him, while WWE is the one that holds all the paperwork.
March 26, 2014
The odd saga between Sin Cara and WWE continued this week, as the masked performer was upset with Hunico portraying his character with Scooby Doo on Monday Night Raw. He even went as far as to send messages to Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H via Twitter to vent his frustrations, but he wisely deleted the messages shortly afterwards.
March 25, 2014
While he was initially penciled in for a huge match against Sin Cara at Wrestlemania 30, it now appears that Rey Mysterio will be working the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal instead. WWE has been downplaying his importance because he has not signed a new contract, but this match enables them to feature the popular performer on a pay per view.
March 19, 2014
While there is a legal storm brewing between the two sides, there is now a chance that WWE might not be willing to fight with Sin Cara over the use of the name, as the value of the character has dropped tremendously over the last couple of weeks. When merchandise sales remained strong, management utilized Hunico in the role to help keep that going. The numbers have since dropped.
March 14, 2014
Apparently, Sin Cara remains defiant towards WWE, as the masked performer is appearing on television shows for AAA. According to WWE, he is under a 90 day no compete clause, which prevents wrestlers from immediately working televised events after leaving the company. Management is said to be fine with him working non televised events for independent wrestling promotions, though.
March 9, 2014
Despite being sent legal threats from the company, it appears that Sin Cara has opted to be defiant towards WWE. The masked wrestler recently won a championship down in Mexico while using the name and character, both of which he claims ownership to. New merchandise has been made despite the possibility of a lawsuit coming.
March 5, 2014
While a lot of fans have already forgotten about him, a few still wonder about his whereabouts and status within WWE. It turns out that Camacho is still with the company, as he worked a WWE NXT television taping this week. He lost to Adrian Neville. His partner, Hunico, frequently works under the mask as the new Sin Cara, for those that are not aware.
March 2, 2014