On Monday Night Raw, Triple H cut a promo that took a jab at wrestling fans online. Some more details have been revealed now. The segment was in response to what HHH saw online from fans who complained about WWE Battleground 2014 being a sub par show. It has been said on multiple occasions that he hates fans who think they know how the business works.
July 24, 2014
As late as Saturday, management had plans in place for Bray Wyatt to beat Chris Jericho at WWE Battleground 2014. However, Vince McMahon called an audible and had Jericho winning the match. No word yet on why McMahon made this decision, but it is being said that a lot of people backstage were against the idea because Wyatt had already started losing momentum with the audience.
July 22, 2014
Fans who watched WWE Battleground 2014 noticed that Rob Van Dam did not perform. It has now been revealed that the former world heavyweight champion was forced to miss the pay per view because of an undisclosed injury. An update has been promised by WWE in regards to the nature of the ailment. No word yet on whether or not RVD will be missing time from the road.
July 21, 2014
At WWE Battleground 2014, Miz won the battle royal to become the new Intercontinental Champion. Sheamus is the reigning United States Heavyweight Champion. The two of them are feuding. That has led to rumors of a title unification match taking place at Summerslam 2014. The belief is that WWE really wants to stack up this pay per view to build momentum for the upcoming subscription rush for the WWE Network.
July 21, 2014
Vince McMahon decided to take a huge gamble at WWE Battleground 2014 when he had Lana and Alexander Rusev cutting a promo that hinted about the recent airplane disaster in the Ukraine. That received plenty of backlash from the media and from fans on social media websites. It got to the point where WWE even released a official statement with a veiled jab at those who are complaining.
July 21, 2014
After successfully retaining the heavyweight championship at WWE Battleground 2014, many would expect John Cena to be at Monday Night Raw for some sort of victory promo. However, the popular performer hopped on a plane Monday morning in Tampa to head to New York City. Cena is filming some scenes for an upcoming movie and will not be at Raw.
July 21, 2014
With the pay per view just a day away, rumors are firing up about WWE pulling the trigger on the Roman Reigns era. There are talks that he could walk out of the WWE Battleground 2014 pay per view as the new heavyweight champion. Management might be forced to give John Cena some time off to film some scenes in a big movie, so the title change has been discussed heavily over the last couple of days.
July 19, 2014
In a rather interesting move, management has removed Adam Rose and Damien Sandow from the Intercontinental Championship battle royal at WWE Battleground 2014. No word yet on why they were pulled from the match, but rumors are floating around that the two of them could be given a singles match on the pay per view. As of right now, there are twenty remaining contestants competing for the belt.
July 16, 2014
While many were afraid that the injury would cause him to lose his push, the fact that management has Wade Barrett scheduled to make an appearance at WWE Battleground 2014 is a good sign that the elevation will continue once he makes his return. The belief is that Barrett will be handing over the Intercontinental Championship to the winner of the battle royal, while planting the seeds for a future feud.
July 15, 2014
Since management did not want to have two divas matches on WWE Battleground 2014, the decision was made to have the match between Cameron and Naomi Knight take place on the kickoff show instead. The segment was needed for the upcoming season of Total Divas. Otherwise, the story would have been placed on the back burner once AJ Lee decided to make her return to WWE.
July 15, 2014
Rumors are floating around that the segment on Monday Night Raw between John Cena and Ric Flair was a subtle way for WWE to retire the world heavyweight championship belt. For those that missed it, Cena handed the belt over to Flair and told the legendary performer to keep it. WWE has not released an official statement on the matter yet, so fans will be tuning in to Smackdown and WWE Battleground 2014 to see the fate of the belt.
July 15, 2014
A lot of wrestling fans were a bit confused on Monday Night Raw this week when it was revealed that Paul Heyman and Antonio Cesaro are no longer together. The reason for the abrupt split is because WWE wants Heyman to be associated only with Brock Lesnar, who is rumored to be returning as soon as the night after WWE Battleground 2014. The former UFC champion is rumored to be on the receiving end of a huge push in the coming months.
July 15, 2014
Since management wanted to fill in some time at WWE Battleground 2014, the decision was made to book Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan into a best of three falls match for the tag team championship. The two teams have produced some good matches for WWE, so management is hoping that they can fill in a good amount of time at the pay per view for them.
July 9, 2014
About a month ago, it was reported that David Otunga was on his way back to WWE. He revealed those plans to the media, but those plans have yet to surface. It is being said that management simply has not come up with a story for him to make his return to Monday Night Raw and Smackdown. Some are speculating that he could be a mystery entrant into the upcoming Intercontinental Championship battle royal at WWE Battleground 2014.
July 8, 2014
While he has already been officially added to the match at WWE Battleground 2014, very few people backstage in WWE expect Kofi Kingston to be given much consideration as the new Intercontinental Champion. The belief is that he is simply in the match to act as filler and to produce an entertaining spot, which he has routinely done well for the company.
July 5, 2014
Earlier in the week, it was revealed that Alberto Del Rio was going to be signing with two different wrestling promotions at the beginning of 2015. Reports have surfaced that one of those companies will be TNA. Del Rio is said to be adamant about being able to work in Mexico again, and TNA provides a bit more freedom than the bigger corporation up north. The belief is that the announcement can be made as soon as January.
November 18, 2014
Now that he is free and clear of his contact with WWE, Alberto Del Rio has announced that he will be signing deals with two promotions in January. The former world heavyweight champion hinted that both companies have television deals. The belief is that one of those deals will enable him to work Lucha Underground and AAA. The second deal is still a mystery, but it could be TNA or Global Force Wrestling.
November 17, 2014
Various reports have surfaced over the last couple of days about the details of the settlement between Alberto Del Rio and WWE. The speculation about him being allowed to immediately work in America were confirmed tonight, as the former world heavyweight champion made a surprise appearance at the House of Hardcore event, held by Tommy Dreamer. Ricardo Rodriguez also showed up with him as well.
November 15, 2014
Since public relations can cripple a company, WWE decided that it would pay to prevent things from getting worse with the Hispanic audience. As part of the settlement between the two sides, management agreed to pay Alberto Del Rio an undisclosed sum of money. In return, the former world heavyweight champion has promised to no longer saying negative things and implying that racism exists backstage.
November 13, 2014
It looks the business relationship between Alberto Del Rio and WWE has finally come to a close, as both sides released statements today informing their fans of that. The belief is that a settlement agreement has been made backstage. Del Rio will more than likely never pursue legal action against the company for firing him, while WWE is allowing him to work for any promotion in the world that he wants to.
November 10, 2014
Since his departure from WWE was so abrupt and controversial, many are under the impression that Alberto Del Rio has backstage heat towards Vince McMahon. The former world heavyweight champion actually revealed that he holds no grudges against McMahon. Del Rio stated that his former boss was always professional and courteous towards him. His issues with the company are with others in the front office.
November 10, 2014
For years now, there have been allegations of racism in WWE. Quite a bit more gasoline has been thrown into that fire over the last couple of weeks. Alberto Del Rio, who was fired due to an incident with another employee backstage, is growing more vocal about his claims that the company allows racial comments to be made. Though he is not blaming racism for his failure in the company, Sin Cara has also spoken out and stated that it does create a hostile working environment for minorities in the WWE.
November 6, 2014
WWE is looking for a new social media manager. While that normally would not generate much interest, it does so here in this case because the previous guy that held the spot was Cody Barbierri, the allegedly racist employee that played a huge part in the controversial Alberto Del Rio release earlier in the year. No word yet on whether or not the release is related to the incident, but more on the story should be revealed in the upcoming days and weeks.
October 24, 2014
Next month, Wrestle-1 is doing a special pay per view to commemorate the 30 year career of the Great Muta, and the company has signed on a couple of big names to make the event feel even more special. Matt Hardy and Alberto Del Rio have been announced for the show, which is taking place on November 1. No word yet on who their opponents will be, but both guys are expected to work a singles match against a Japanese star.
October 12, 2014
During a recent interview with the Fight Network, Alberto Del Rio revealed that he and WWE are close to a settlement on the non compete clause in his contract. The belief is that the company wanted to make things go as smoothly as possible because they want to avoid a discrimination lawsuit. WWE is also said to be leery of alienating the Mexican fan base.
October 11, 2014
Trash to one man might be viewed as a treasure to another. When Alberto Del Rio was fired from WWE due to a backstage incident, AAA salivated at the thought of building their company around him. When the two sides were legally allowed to sign a contract, management quickly jumped on it and made Del Rio the face of their company. Thus far, they have been pleased with the results because Del Rio carries himself extremely well, especially during media interviews.
September 25, 2014
As soon as Alberto Del Rio revealed to the world that WWE cannot legally prevent him from working, there was interest from several promotions across the world. The most notable one being TNA. John Gaburick reportedly contacted the former world heavyweight champion about possibly signing a contract with the company. Del Rio and Gaburick worked together in WWE.
September 4, 2014
Showing that there is life after WWE, Alberto Del Rio has announced that he will be doing a small world tour in the upcoming weeks. The former world heavyweight champion, who was recently given his release from WWE after a backstage incident, will be working shows in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Puerto Rico and Japan. The initial belief was that WWE would prevent Del Rio from working for another promotion for the next year.
September 4, 2014
The reunion between Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez has been signed. The former WWE stars, both of whom were given a release within the past couple of weeks, will be doing a show in Puerto Rico together. The story line has already been placed in motion. Del Rio and Rodriguez will be aligned in a feud against Ray Gonzalez, and it looks like they will be portraying foreign heels.
September 3, 2014
WWE reportedly has banned Alberto Del Rio from wrestling in the United States for the next year because they feel that he violated the terms of his contract. However, the former world heavyweight champion is going defy the company. His agent has been contacting various independent wrestling promotions in America to work matches and make appearances.
August 21, 2014