ALBERTO DEL RIO SUFFERS CONCUSSION

The long list of WWE performers who suffered concussions in 2013 has grown a little bit longer, as Alberto Del Rio has been injured during his match against Sin Cara on Monday Night Raw. The website has reported that he will need time off.

December 10, 2013
With Sin Cara gone, Rey Mysterio old and injury prone and Alberto Del Rio constantly threatening to leave the company, WWE is said to be looking for new Mexican stars, as management very much wants to be a draw in Mexico, where a new office was recently set up.
February 6, 2014

Former world heavyweight champion Alberto Del Rio has been takng some time away from the wrestling ring recently because of a concussion, but he's set to make his return to WWE this week during a live event in New York City. 

December 26, 2013

The long list of WWE performers who suffered concussions in 2013 has grown a little bit longer, as Alberto Del Rio has been injured during his match against Sin Cara on Monday Night Raw. The website has reported that he will need time off.

December 10, 2013
It has been revealed that John Cena will be wearing a protective sleeve to protect his injured arm during his Hell in a Cell match against Alberto Del Rio.
October 27, 2013

On Monday Night Raw, Alberto Del Rio injured his rib during a match against Sheamus.

July 28, 2013
Through his Twitter account, Ryback revealed to fans that it has now been 18 days since his surgery, and he has been recovering extremely well from his still unknown injury, which is rumored to involve his groin. He should be making a return to WWE very soon, as he is now pain free. He might not be rushed back, though, as management really doesn't have a story ready for him.
September 15, 2014
Brie Bella recently gave WWE fans some hope when she revealed that Daniel Bryan was no longer going to need a second surgery to repair his neck injury. Many were expecting him to return by January, which happens to be the month that Royal Rumble 2015 takes place. However, reports are now surfacing that WWE is trying to see if Bryan can make his return at Survivor Series 2014 instead.
September 9, 2014
One of the growing points of emphasis on Monday Night Raw lately has become the bunny that accompanies Adam Rose to ringside. A lot of WWE fans are wondering who is the person behind the suit. Many of the guesses have been based upon the movies that the bunny does. However, management is simply throwing off the fans with moves like the super kick. Right now, the strongest candidate to be revealed under the suit is Darren Young, who should be returning from a serious leg injury soon.
September 9, 2014
During a media interview to promote Total Divas, Brie Bella revealed that Daniel Bryan would not be needing the second surgery that has long been rumored to repair his neck injury. She stated that her husband was gaining the strength back in his right arm and could be back as soon as three months, which would enable WWE to have him make a surprise return at Royal Rumble 2015.
September 7, 2014
Yesterday, it was revealed that WWE had pulled Daniel Bryan from the upcoming European tour in November. The former world heavyweight champion was scheduled to make appearances at the live events on that continent. Reports are now surfacing that management made the decision to pull him from the tour because Bryan has received confirmation from doctors that a second surgery is needed to repair his neck injury.
August 29, 2014
When word broke that Ryback was injured, there were some reports of skepticism from WWE officials that there really was no injury. However, the legitimacy of his health has been proven, as Ryback has posted a video of himself in the hospital. He clearly did go under the knife. It is being said that Ryback has worked with strained groins and hernias for the last year.
August 28, 2014
Considering the amount of pain that he withstood for the sake of entertaining fans over the years, it is a bit surprising that Mick Foley did not spend more time on the sidelines. He has retired from WWE now, but an injury is preventing him from working. Back issues have prompted the former world heavyweight champion to cancel an upcoming appearance in Denver. No word yet on whether or not it will be rescheduled.
August 27, 2014
Since Ryback is on the shelf for a couple of weeks, it will be interesting to see what WWE does with Curtis Axel. There were already plans being discussed a couple of weeks ago to split up the tag team, so it should come as no surprise if management opted to use the injury as an excuse to accelerate those plans. WWE no longer believes that Axel is worthy of being a top level guy, but they do believe he can still be a useful member of the roster.
August 27, 2014
Patience isn't always a virtue in WWE. Wade Barrett was initially told by doctors that he would not be able to make his return to the ring until December. However, the company has a big tour of Europe in November. Since Barrett is viewed as a bit of a draw on that continent, WWE has started advertising his appearances. The belief is that Barrett will rush back from the injury to work those shows.
August 27, 2014
There was a little bit of a buzz earlier in the week when Ryback posted a message about taking time off from WWE. It escalated a bit further when he deleted the comment from Twitter, which is something that he has done several times in the past. It has now been confirmed that he suffered some sort of injury and will be needing a few weeks off of the road to recover.
August 27, 2014
While it appears that he is still under contract to WWE, it does not seem like the company is going to be bringing Rey Mysterio back to television, even after his hand injury heals. The two sides are greatly at odds right now, and it seems like management is more concerned about preventing him from going to another company at this point. A reconciliation seems unlikely right now.
August 24, 2014
Rumors are floating around right now that WWE officials were not too pleased with the performance that Alexander Rusev put on at Summerslam 2014 in his flag match against Jack Swagger. His selling of an ankle injury was sub par, and the manner in which he sold it was not very fitting of his character. WWE really wants him in the main event scene, so they're paying much more attention to his matches than usual.
August 21, 2014
Another speed bump has presented itself in the career of Shelton Benjamin. The former Intercontinental Champion has suffered a serious knee injury while working in Japan. He is expected to miss a couple of months of action because of the surgery. Benjamin was sidelined earlier in the year when he had surgery on his elbow, but he recovered much quicker than expected from that injury.
August 17, 2014
While working a tag team match with Eddie Edwards at a TNA live event in Pennsylvania, Davey Richards suffered a serious leg injury. Upon being rushed to the hospital, it was discovered that he has a broken fibula. Richards is expected to be out of action for approximately 6 weeks, which means that TNA will need to figure out what they want to do with the tag team titles.
August 16, 2014
The belief within the industry is that Evan Bourne is hoping to make a return to WWE some day. He recently did a shoot interview, but the video was rather tame. He did not reveal too many secrets, and he did not show a ton of animosity towards the company. If Bourne can show that he can stay sober and injury free, then WWE might be willing to give him another chance since he did have a little bit of a fan base.
August 15, 2014
As soon as Alberto Del Rio revealed to the world that WWE cannot legally prevent him from working, there was interest from several promotions across the world. The most notable one being TNA. John Gaburick reportedly contacted the former world heavyweight champion about possibly signing a contract with the company. Del Rio and Gaburick worked together in WWE.
September 4, 2014
Showing that there is life after WWE, Alberto Del Rio has announced that he will be doing a small world tour in the upcoming weeks. The former world heavyweight champion, who was recently given his release from WWE after a backstage incident, will be working shows in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Puerto Rico and Japan. The initial belief was that WWE would prevent Del Rio from working for another promotion for the next year.
September 4, 2014
The reunion between Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez has been signed. The former WWE stars, both of whom were given a release within the past couple of weeks, will be doing a show in Puerto Rico together. The story line has already been placed in motion. Del Rio and Rodriguez will be aligned in a feud against Ray Gonzalez, and it looks like they will be portraying foreign heels.
September 3, 2014
WWE reportedly has banned Alberto Del Rio from wrestling in the United States for the next year because they feel that he violated the terms of his contract. However, the former world heavyweight champion is going defy the company. His agent has been contacting various independent wrestling promotions in America to work matches and make appearances.
August 21, 2014
The hot rumors right now is that WWE is going to prevent Alberto Del Rio from working for another wrestling promotion in the United States for the next year. In exchange, the company will continue to pay him, even though he has been given a release. That has led fans to speculate as to how much money he will be given. The belief is that it will not be the full amount of the contract, as he will not be paid for working live events.
August 21, 2014
Everyone in the industry now knows that Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio made appearances for AAA at the TripleMania pay per view. The belief is that WWE will be pursuing legal actions against the promotion, as management has been very quiet backstage about the incident. That has led many to believe that lawyers have advised them not to discuss the situation.
August 19, 2014
A lot of eyes in the industry are on Alberto Del Rio right now, as many want to see if he will pursue a lawsuit against WWE. The company has reportedly banned him from working in the United States for a year. Back when Brock Lesnar filed a similar lawsuit, the judge was very close to ruling in his favor. Both sides agreed to a settlement instead. If Del Rio were to file the lawsuit and win the case, then that changes things in the industry quite a bit.
August 19, 2014
While a lawsuit against WWE is still being pondered, Alberto Del Rio revealed that several employees, including wrestlers, were witnesses to the backstage incident that took place between he and Cody Barbierri. Of particular note, Del Rio pointed out that Jack Swagger was one of the wrestlers that saw the entire thing unfold. If a lawsuit takes place, then there is a chance that Swagger could be questioned.
August 18, 2014
During an interview with Primera Noticias, Alberto Del Rio revealed some details about his release from WWE. He stated that while Vince McMahon did admonish him, he was also told to go back to work. Del Rio found out the following day that he was then given a suspension. Shortly afterwards, Triple H called and told him that he was being fired instead of just suspended.
August 18, 2014
As expected, WWE has instructed their performers to remain silent if they are asked about the backstage incident that led to the release of Alberto Del Rio. When asked by the media, Sheamus explicitly stated that he knew nothing of the situation, even though most everyone in the company is aware of what happened. Management does not want to run the risk of starting a legal battle with Del Rio.
August 17, 2014
Reports surfaced this week that WWE has banned Alberto Del Rio from wrestling in the United States for approximately 10 or 11 months because he was found to be in breach of his contract. The former world heavyweight champion will be allowed to work in Mexico as he pleases. Del Rio may not take legal actions against WWE because the company would be paying him a salary during the next year.
August 16, 2014
It looks like Alberto Del Rio will not be joining TNA or Global Force Wrestling after all. During a media appearance, the former world heavyweight champion revealed that he cannot wrestle in the United States for approximately a year. The belief is that he breached his contract with WWE when the backstage incident took place. That reportedly enables the company to ban him from working for another wrestling promotion.
August 16, 2014
Some further information is being leaked about the situation that caused Alberto Del Rio to be given a release by WWE. Cody Barbierri, the employee that was allegedly slapped by Del Rio, apparently has a history of saying derogatory things towards the wrestlers. Reports are surfacing that he has gotten away with things in the past because he is backed by Stephanie McMahon. This would explain why a good amount of wrestlers backed Del Rio when he left the company.
August 14, 2014
Alberto Del Rio might not be the only familiar WWE face to make an appearance at TripleMania this upcoming Sunday night. Word has it that Rey Mysterio has accepted the invitation from AAA to be at the biggest wrestling pay per view in Mexico this weekend. If the masked performer shows up, then that means that his contract issues with Vince McMahon are still lingering.
August 14, 2014
There has been a lot of speculation floating around about Alberto Del Rio and his release from WWE since word got out that the former world heavyweight champion was going to be making an appearance for AAA at TripleMania this upcoming weekend. Some believe that he was able to convince WWE to waive his 90 day no compete clause because of the backstage incident.
August 13, 2014