ALBERTO DEL RIO LAWSUIT
Name
Alberto Del Rio
Real Name
Alberto Rodriguez
Date of Birth
May 25, 1977
Place of Birth
...
Hometown
...
Debut
2000
Alberto Del Rio
During a recent interview with the Fight Network, Alberto Del Rio revealed that he and WWE are close to a settlement on the non compete clause in his contract. The belief is that the company wanted to make things go as smoothly as possible because they want to avoid a discrimination lawsuit. WWE is also said to be leery of alienating the Mexican fan base.
October 11, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
A lot of eyes in the industry are on Alberto Del Rio right now, as many want to see if he will pursue a lawsuit against WWE. The company has reportedly banned him from working in the United States for a year. Back when Brock Lesnar filed a similar lawsuit, the judge was very close to ruling in his favor. Both sides agreed to a settlement instead. If Del Rio were to file the lawsuit and win the case, then that changes things in the industry quite a bit.
August 19, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
While a lawsuit against WWE is still being pondered, Alberto Del Rio revealed that several employees, including wrestlers, were witnesses to the backstage incident that took place between he and Cody Barbierri. Of particular note, Del Rio pointed out that Jack Swagger was one of the wrestlers that saw the entire thing unfold. If a lawsuit takes place, then there is a chance that Swagger could be questioned.
August 18, 2014
CM Punk
Reports have surfaced this week that TNA had made a big contract offer to CM Punk to join the company. Management has long been interested in acquiring the former world heavyweight champion, but they needed to wait until his deal with WWE expired, in order to avoid a potential tampering lawsuit. Punk has a good amount of name value and would be quite appealing to television networks.
October 9, 2014
Vince Russo
Rumors are now floating around that one of the reasons why TNA parted ways with Vince Russo is due to the fact that he interviewed Daffney on his podcast show. There is said to be a good amount of backstage heat towards her because of the lawsuit that she filed against the company a couple of years back. Russo being involved with her is something that reportedly annoyed management.
August 19, 2014
Rey Mysterio
While the company was hoping that the legendary masked performer would make an appearance at TripleMania on Sunday, AAA is reportedly backing away from Rey Mysterio. The promotion does not want to be involved in a contract tampering lawsuit with WWE. As of right now, there is a bit of a dispute between Mysterio and Vince McMahon on their deal. Until that is cleared, AAA will not be contacting Mysterio.
August 16, 2014
CM Punk
While there was a bit of rumblings backstage that WWE was going to pursue legal action against CM Punk for walking out of his contract, rumors are floating around that management is hesitant to do so. For starters, now might not be a good time to sink money into a lawsuit since there are so many employees being released. Secondly, Vince McMahon is really focused on the WWE Network at the moment, so a lawsuit might be a bit of a distraction from the CEO.
August 2, 2014
Jesse Ventura
While a lot of people have been quick to be judgmental about the lawsuit, Jesse Ventura has publicly stated that he has no regrets about suing the widow of a deceased Navy SEAL member for defamation. The fabricated story told by Chris Kyle caused the WWE legend to lose millions of dollars, so Ventura felt justified in trying to recoup some of that money.
July 31, 2014
Jesse Ventura
The former governor of Minnesota should be receiving a nice check in the near future. A jury in the state awarded Jesse Ventura $1.8 million in his lawsuit against Chris Kyle, who passed away before the trial concluded. The former WWE star filed the lawsuit because Kyle had been telling people that the two of them were involved in a fight at the bar.
July 29, 2014
Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon has another big headache to deal with, as his company is being hit with a class action lawsuit. The claim is that WWE purposely misled investors about their ability to secure a much better television deal with the network than the contract that they eventually signed. The promise of a bigger television deal was reportedly the reason why a lot of investors sank money into WWE, causing their stocks to soar to record levels.
July 26, 2014
Natalya Neidhart
In a rather interesting and bizarre bit of news, Natalya Neidhart is being sued by a prisoner in the state of Pennsylvania. Christopher Donnelly is alleging that the WWE diva mentally, physically and emotionally abused him from 2005 until 2009. He also claims that Natalya had an abortion during their sexual relationship. Donnelly is attempting to gain $250,000 from the lawsuit.
July 9, 2014
Shane McMahon
While wrestling fans are clamoring for his return to the industry, Shane McMahon is going to be rather busy in the upcoming months, as the former WWE star has filed a $50 million lawsuit against the high rise building that he has been living in. Water leaks have apparently caused damage to his property and the health of his family, so he wants compensation.
March 26, 2014
Sin Cara
Despite being sent legal threats from the company, it appears that Sin Cara has opted to be defiant towards WWE. The masked wrestler recently won a championship down in Mexico while using the name and character, both of which he claims ownership to. New merchandise has been made despite the possibility of a lawsuit coming.
March 5, 2014
Scott Steiner
While he has stepped away from the spotlight quite a bit, the civil lawsuit between TNA and Scott Steiner is still an ongoing thing. A judge in Nashville has decided to postpone things from March until November. For those wondering, that is the reason why Steiner has been rather quiet online for the past year. He wants to avoid any further trouble.
March 2, 2014
Hunico
Hunico might be cashing in a nice pay per view bonus check at Wrestlemania 30 this year, as WWE still has interest in using the Sin Cara character at the event. Merchandise sales have remained strong, and the company wants to continue to capitalize. There may be a lawsuit coming from the original performer, though.
February 12, 2014
Brie Bella

The Minnesota Twins of the Major Baseball League has filed paperwork to oppose the WWE's attempt to obtain a trademark for the Bella Twins.

November 20, 2013
Alberto Del Rio
WWE is looking for a new social media manager. While that normally would not generate much interest, it does so here in this case because the previous guy that held the spot was Cody Barbierri, the allegedly racist employee that played a huge part in the controversial Alberto Del Rio release earlier in the year. No word yet on whether or not the release is related to the incident, but more on the story should be revealed in the upcoming days and weeks.
October 24, 2014
Matt Hardy
Next month, Wrestle-1 is doing a special pay per view to commemorate the 30 year career of the Great Muta, and the company has signed on a couple of big names to make the event feel even more special. Matt Hardy and Alberto Del Rio have been announced for the show, which is taking place on November 1. No word yet on who their opponents will be, but both guys are expected to work a singles match against a Japanese star.
October 12, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
Trash to one man might be viewed as a treasure to another. When Alberto Del Rio was fired from WWE due to a backstage incident, AAA salivated at the thought of building their company around him. When the two sides were legally allowed to sign a contract, management quickly jumped on it and made Del Rio the face of their company. Thus far, they have been pleased with the results because Del Rio carries himself extremely well, especially during media interviews.
September 25, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
As soon as Alberto Del Rio revealed to the world that WWE cannot legally prevent him from working, there was interest from several promotions across the world. The most notable one being TNA. John Gaburick reportedly contacted the former world heavyweight champion about possibly signing a contract with the company. Del Rio and Gaburick worked together in WWE.
September 4, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
Showing that there is life after WWE, Alberto Del Rio has announced that he will be doing a small world tour in the upcoming weeks. The former world heavyweight champion, who was recently given his release from WWE after a backstage incident, will be working shows in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Puerto Rico and Japan. The initial belief was that WWE would prevent Del Rio from working for another promotion for the next year.
September 4, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
The reunion between Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez has been signed. The former WWE stars, both of whom were given a release within the past couple of weeks, will be doing a show in Puerto Rico together. The story line has already been placed in motion. Del Rio and Rodriguez will be aligned in a feud against Ray Gonzalez, and it looks like they will be portraying foreign heels.
September 3, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
WWE reportedly has banned Alberto Del Rio from wrestling in the United States for the next year because they feel that he violated the terms of his contract. However, the former world heavyweight champion is going defy the company. His agent has been contacting various independent wrestling promotions in America to work matches and make appearances.
August 21, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
The hot rumors right now is that WWE is going to prevent Alberto Del Rio from working for another wrestling promotion in the United States for the next year. In exchange, the company will continue to pay him, even though he has been given a release. That has led fans to speculate as to how much money he will be given. The belief is that it will not be the full amount of the contract, as he will not be paid for working live events.
August 21, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
Everyone in the industry now knows that Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio made appearances for AAA at the TripleMania pay per view. The belief is that WWE will be pursuing legal actions against the promotion, as management has been very quiet backstage about the incident. That has led many to believe that lawyers have advised them not to discuss the situation.
August 19, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
During an interview with Primera Noticias, Alberto Del Rio revealed some details about his release from WWE. He stated that while Vince McMahon did admonish him, he was also told to go back to work. Del Rio found out the following day that he was then given a suspension. Shortly afterwards, Triple H called and told him that he was being fired instead of just suspended.
August 18, 2014
Sheamus
As expected, WWE has instructed their performers to remain silent if they are asked about the backstage incident that led to the release of Alberto Del Rio. When asked by the media, Sheamus explicitly stated that he knew nothing of the situation, even though most everyone in the company is aware of what happened. Management does not want to run the risk of starting a legal battle with Del Rio.
August 17, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
Rumors are surfacing that Alberto Del Rio might not take legal actions against WWE and accept the one year ban in the United States. Since he is allowed to work matches in Mexico, the former world heavyweight champion could end up making a lot more money because WWE would still be paying him during the ban. That might be more enticing to Del Rio than the deal that TNA would possibly give him.
August 17, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
Reports surfaced this week that WWE has banned Alberto Del Rio from wrestling in the United States for approximately 10 or 11 months because he was found to be in breach of his contract. The former world heavyweight champion will be allowed to work in Mexico as he pleases. Del Rio may not take legal actions against WWE because the company would be paying him a salary during the next year.
August 16, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
It looks like Alberto Del Rio will not be joining TNA or Global Force Wrestling after all. During a media appearance, the former world heavyweight champion revealed that he cannot wrestle in the United States for approximately a year. The belief is that he breached his contract with WWE when the backstage incident took place. That reportedly enables the company to ban him from working for another wrestling promotion.
August 16, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
During his press conference in Mexico this week, Alberto Del Rio revealed that there are some issues between he and WWE. He stated that he can no longer use the name because the company owns it. His new name is El Patron. Del Rio also stated that he is indeed under a 90 day clause with WWE, but his lawyers are fighting to have him cleared to wrestle for AAA at TripleMania on Sunday.
August 15, 2014
Stephanie McMahon
Some further information is being leaked about the situation that caused Alberto Del Rio to be given a release by WWE. Cody Barbierri, the employee that was allegedly slapped by Del Rio, apparently has a history of saying derogatory things towards the wrestlers. Reports are surfacing that he has gotten away with things in the past because he is backed by Stephanie McMahon. This would explain why a good amount of wrestlers backed Del Rio when he left the company.
August 14, 2014
Rey Mysterio
Alberto Del Rio might not be the only familiar WWE face to make an appearance at TripleMania this upcoming Sunday night. Word has it that Rey Mysterio has accepted the invitation from AAA to be at the biggest wrestling pay per view in Mexico this weekend. If the masked performer shows up, then that means that his contract issues with Vince McMahon are still lingering.
August 14, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
There has been a lot of speculation floating around about Alberto Del Rio and his release from WWE since word got out that the former world heavyweight champion was going to be making an appearance for AAA at TripleMania this upcoming weekend. Some believe that he was able to convince WWE to waive his 90 day no compete clause because of the backstage incident.
August 13, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
While there are uncertainty as to whether or not Alberto Del Rio is under the 90 day no compete clause with WWE since he is rumored to be appearing at the big AAA pay per view this weekend, we now know that Ricardo Rodriguez cannot make an appearance for a television promotion. He informed fans via Twitter that he would not be able to make an appearance at TripleMania this upcoming Sunday.
August 12, 2014
Alberto Del Rio
Rumors are spreading that Alberto Del Rio could possibly become one of the bigger names to sign with Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Wrestling. The speculation is due to the fact that the two of them will both be at TripleMania this weekend. Jarrett has a business relationship with AAA and will be wrestling at the pay per view, while Del Rio, fresh off of a controversial release from WWE, will be making an appearance.
August 12, 2014