If you are one of the many fans who are hoping to see Rey Mysterio back with WWE, there is some potentially good news. During a recent interview, he stated that he was fine with Alberto Del Rio returning to the promotion. Mysterio knows that time is a factor for professional wrestlers, so everyone needs to make their money while they can. He also did not rule out his own return some day.
November 16, 2015
Since he is injured, Randy Orton has been removed from the upcoming WWE tour of Europe. Management had already advertised Orton as being part of the show, so they felt the need to make it up to fans who had already purchased tickets. To do that, the front office booked Alberto Del Rio as a replacement. Del Rio recently returned to World Wrestling Entertainment and is viewed as an international star.
October 30, 2015
Through social media, Rey Mysterio congratulated Alberto Del Rio for returning to WWE and winning the United States Heavyweight Championship from John Cena at Hell in a Cell. Mysterio also mentioned that WWE needed the presence of Del Rio in their company. As many of you already know, World Wrestling Entertainment has been desperately trying to win back their fans in Mexico.
October 28, 2015
When it comes to how promoters treat wrestlers down in Mexico, Alberto Del Rio was extremely candid and honest. He stated that guys like he and Rey Mysterio were treated fantastic by the promotions. However, those that do not generate as much publicity, they are not treated well enough by the promoters. Del Rio wants to see that change taking place in his home country.
September 27, 2015
Since he left due to a very ugly backstage situation, the belief is that Alberto Del Rio has very little interest in making a return to WWE. However, it is now being said that the former world heavyweight champion would not be completely opposed to the idea, especially if management gave him a very favorable deal. Del Rio remains very popular with fans in Mexico, a demographic that the front office wants to see improved.
September 4, 2015
There are rumors floating around right now that Lucha Underground has lost nearly $20 million thus far. That number is a bit exaggerated. While the promotion will not reveal the number, they are not denying that money was lost this year. Some major changes are being planned in the hopes of being able to continue as a business. Their best bet is if Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio can draw in more of the mainstream fans.
April 6, 2015
During a recent interview with The Troy Show, Alberto Del Rio was asked about the claims made by CM Punk towards the WWE medical department. Del Rio stated that he never had any issues with them personally, but he also stated that Punk would not lie about such things. Del Rio knows Punk better than fans who have never been around him for an extended period of time. He also teased that Punk could potentially end up in Lucha Underground.
March 8, 2015
Since ROH has managed to bring in Alberto Del Rio and Samoa Joe, a lot of fans are under the assumption that their financial issues are over. That is not the case whatsoever. The company was able to sign those guys because they are short term contracts. While it does cost a pretty penny to get big name guys under contract, Ring of Honor is willing to take the risk to bring in revenue. It is being said that long term deals were never discussed.
February 28, 2015
As many of you already know, WWE is desperately looking for a star to help them win back fans in Mexico. That might be a bit harder than they were hoping it to be. The feeling right now is that performers in that country are a bit hesitant to sign with the promotion because of how Alberto Del Rio and the original Sin Cara were treated. If two big stars could be treated like that, then the other guys know that they are vulnerable as well.
February 16, 2015