Alberto Del Rio
Date of Birth
May 25, 1977
Place of Birth
Management dedicates a lot of their creativity to events such as Royal Rumble 2015. With Randy Orton being penciled in for a baby face turn and a push, there are discussions going on backstage about having him do that at during the big battle royal. A potential story would have the former world heavyweight champion rebelling against the Authority and their wish to have Seth Rollins winning the match.
October 9, 2014
Since management really likes the character and wants him back on television and pay per view events, there are talks of doing a baby face turn with Bray Wyatt. WWE ran out of top level opponents for him to work against once he was done with John Cena and Chris Jericho. Wyatt would have a couple of fresh heel opponents to work against if he were to switch sides.
October 9, 2014
In a move that might be taking place much too soon, WWE has decided to split up the Wyatt Family. Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan will all be going their separate ways. Wyatt is rumored to be doing a baby face turn soon since management ran out of top level opponents for him. Harper is expected to receive a nice push as a singles performer, while nothing much has been said about plans for Rowan.
October 1, 2014
In order to create new matches in the main event scene, WWE is contemplating a baby face turn for Randy Orton in the near future. Seeds have been planted on Monday Night Raw recently when his character is shown complaining frequently about being forced to put out fires created by Seth Rollins. The belief is that a feud between the two will be taking place very soon.
September 30, 2014
An idea being floated around backstage in WWE has Antonio Cesaro and Paul Heyman engaging in a big feud in the next couple of months. The story would involve their amicable split, which is being promoted by the commentators nowadays. This would be the long rumored face turn for Cesaro, and he would be elevated into the main event scene by working against Brock Lesnar.
August 2, 2014
Even though the move was done at the last minute, the baby face turn for Jack Swagger has turned out a lot better than WWE had expected. Officials backstage are impressed with the audience reaction to the now patriotic character. A lot of that has to do with the heat that Lana and Alexander Rusev have generated. However, management will more than likely give a push to Swagger to see if the momentum can carry on.
August 1, 2014
Rumors are floating around right now that WWE officials have banned Antonio Cesaro from utilizing his giant swing move. The belief is that the company does not want him to accumulate more fan support because the move has proven to be massively popular. Management is said to be holding off on his face turn and big push because they want to focus on Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns first.
July 26, 2014
In a rather interesting move, Curtis Axel worked as a baby face during a live event in Pennsylvania over the weekend. It was during a match against Alexander Rusev, where Axel explained to the audience that while they may not like him, they have something in common because they all love America. Rumors have it that this was simply a one time thing because they needed someone to work against Rusev that evening. Axel is not expected to do a full face turn anytime soon.
June 16, 2014
On the surface, one of the more puzzling things that WWE has done over the last year is not giving Antonio Cesaro a face turn after his crowd reaction started growing by the week. Rumors have it that management has been hesitant to pull the trigger on that because they want to leave open the possibility of a WWE title feud between Cesaro and Daniel Bryan down the line.
June 2, 2014
Since he has been receiving quite the reaction from WWE fans across the country, Bray Wyatt is now an even stronger candidate for a face turn. Some within the company are even thinking that it could take place before the year ends. Others, however, believe that he has been receiving cheers because a lot of fans are simply rooting against John Cena.
May 30, 2014
"It's just how things happen. It's been an interesting transformation, I suppose. But to be honest with you, we really haven't done much different. We just started targeting different people, I suppose. By that association, the fans just started to get with us. It's been fun. It's been a side to take for sure, but I think it's something that we're all pretty excited about." - Seth Rollins talks about the Shield doing a baby face turn in WWE
April 26, 2014
Since his popularity has been growing by the day, there are actually talks backstage in WWE of doing a face turn with Bray Wyatt. Rumors have it that some in the company believe that he can reach his full main event potential by being a fan favorite. The belief is that WWE will not be pulling the trigger on this character change until they decide to turn Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins back into heels.
April 23, 2014
Even though her character was dumped by Fandango in the story line, do not expect a face turn for Summer Rae. The blonde diva will be working as a heel when she returns to WWE after filming her parts in the upcoming Marine sequel. Summer will also be utilized more as a wrestler this time around as opposed to being a side character.
April 17, 2014
The backstage gimmick for Antonio Cesaro is that WWE will try to get the fans to beg for a face turn. Management is still secretly passing out Cesaro Section signs to the fans at the live events. The hope is that fans will be clamoring heavily for him to leave Paul Heyman and finally become a good guy. If that works, then he can get his big match against Brock Lesnar in about a year.
April 17, 2014
"Not sure why as a fan I should dislike Cesaro and it can't be simply because he's aligned himself with Paul Heyman. Cesaro simply outwrestles people and is damned impressive while doing it. Some of Cesaro's matches down in NXT the last year or so were better than anyone on RAW was having at the time." - Jim Ross thinks Antonio Cesaro should do a face turn
April 15, 2014
Since he split with Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter, many fans are under the impression that Antonio Cesaro is doing a face turn. WWE is currently planning on keeping him a heel, as Paul Heyman functions a lot better in that role. Cesaro worked as a heel against Dolph Ziggler at a live event in Texas over the weekend. WWE might be persuaded to change their minds down the line because of his growing popularity, however.
April 13, 2014
While he has lost a bit of momentum since Royal Rumble 2014, there are still plans in WWE to give Roman Reigns a big push. Since the Shield pulled a face turn recently, there are talks of elevating Reigns to the point where he can be booked in a match against Triple H at Summerslam 2014. The hope there is that HHH can make him into a star by giving him a memorable match.
April 12, 2014
While the audience was quite jovial towards him during Monday Night Raw, there are no plans in place for WWE to do a face turn for Brock Lesnar, as the company feels that he is much more of a draw as a dominant heel. The fans were basically cheering for the tremendous promo that Paul Heyman was cutting about the end of the Undertaker streak.
April 10, 2014
In an action filled Wrestlemania 30 kickoff match, Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso retained the WWE tag team championship by defeating Diego, Fernando, Curtis Axel, Ryback, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro in a fatal four way elimination tag team bout. Afterwards, Cesaro did a face turn after Swagger attempted to attack him for being pinned.
April 6, 2014
Next month, Wrestle-1 is doing a special pay per view to commemorate the 30 year career of the Great Muta, and the company has signed on a couple of big names to make the event feel even more special. Matt Hardy and Alberto Del Rio have been announced for the show, which is taking place on November 1. No word yet on who their opponents will be, but both guys are expected to work a singles match against a Japanese star.
October 12, 2014
During a recent interview with the Fight Network, Alberto Del Rio revealed that he and WWE are close to a settlement on the non compete clause in his contract. The belief is that the company wanted to make things go as smoothly as possible because they want to avoid a discrimination lawsuit. WWE is also said to be leery of alienating the Mexican fan base.
October 11, 2014
Trash to one man might be viewed as a treasure to another. When Alberto Del Rio was fired from WWE due to a backstage incident, AAA salivated at the thought of building their company around him. When the two sides were legally allowed to sign a contract, management quickly jumped on it and made Del Rio the face of their company. Thus far, they have been pleased with the results because Del Rio carries himself extremely well, especially during media interviews.
September 25, 2014
As soon as Alberto Del Rio revealed to the world that WWE cannot legally prevent him from working, there was interest from several promotions across the world. The most notable one being TNA. John Gaburick reportedly contacted the former world heavyweight champion about possibly signing a contract with the company. Del Rio and Gaburick worked together in WWE.
September 4, 2014
Showing that there is life after WWE, Alberto Del Rio has announced that he will be doing a small world tour in the upcoming weeks. The former world heavyweight champion, who was recently given his release from WWE after a backstage incident, will be working shows in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Puerto Rico and Japan. The initial belief was that WWE would prevent Del Rio from working for another promotion for the next year.
September 4, 2014
The reunion between Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez has been signed. The former WWE stars, both of whom were given a release within the past couple of weeks, will be doing a show in Puerto Rico together. The story line has already been placed in motion. Del Rio and Rodriguez will be aligned in a feud against Ray Gonzalez, and it looks like they will be portraying foreign heels.
September 3, 2014
WWE reportedly has banned Alberto Del Rio from wrestling in the United States for the next year because they feel that he violated the terms of his contract. However, the former world heavyweight champion is going defy the company. His agent has been contacting various independent wrestling promotions in America to work matches and make appearances.
August 21, 2014
The hot rumors right now is that WWE is going to prevent Alberto Del Rio from working for another wrestling promotion in the United States for the next year. In exchange, the company will continue to pay him, even though he has been given a release. That has led fans to speculate as to how much money he will be given. The belief is that it will not be the full amount of the contract, as he will not be paid for working live events.
August 21, 2014
Everyone in the industry now knows that Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio made appearances for AAA at the TripleMania pay per view. The belief is that WWE will be pursuing legal actions against the promotion, as management has been very quiet backstage about the incident. That has led many to believe that lawyers have advised them not to discuss the situation.
August 19, 2014
A lot of eyes in the industry are on Alberto Del Rio right now, as many want to see if he will pursue a lawsuit against WWE. The company has reportedly banned him from working in the United States for a year. Back when Brock Lesnar filed a similar lawsuit, the judge was very close to ruling in his favor. Both sides agreed to a settlement instead. If Del Rio were to file the lawsuit and win the case, then that changes things in the industry quite a bit.
August 19, 2014
While a lawsuit against WWE is still being pondered, Alberto Del Rio revealed that several employees, including wrestlers, were witnesses to the backstage incident that took place between he and Cody Barbierri. Of particular note, Del Rio pointed out that Jack Swagger was one of the wrestlers that saw the entire thing unfold. If a lawsuit takes place, then there is a chance that Swagger could be questioned.
August 18, 2014
During an interview with Primera Noticias, Alberto Del Rio revealed some details about his release from WWE. He stated that while Vince McMahon did admonish him, he was also told to go back to work. Del Rio found out the following day that he was then given a suspension. Shortly afterwards, Triple H called and told him that he was being fired instead of just suspended.
August 18, 2014
As expected, WWE has instructed their performers to remain silent if they are asked about the backstage incident that led to the release of Alberto Del Rio. When asked by the media, Sheamus explicitly stated that he knew nothing of the situation, even though most everyone in the company is aware of what happened. Management does not want to run the risk of starting a legal battle with Del Rio.
August 17, 2014
Rumors are surfacing that Alberto Del Rio might not take legal actions against WWE and accept the one year ban in the United States. Since he is allowed to work matches in Mexico, the former world heavyweight champion could end up making a lot more money because WWE would still be paying him during the ban. That might be more enticing to Del Rio than the deal that TNA would possibly give him.
August 17, 2014
Reports surfaced this week that WWE has banned Alberto Del Rio from wrestling in the United States for approximately 10 or 11 months because he was found to be in breach of his contract. The former world heavyweight champion will be allowed to work in Mexico as he pleases. Del Rio may not take legal actions against WWE because the company would be paying him a salary during the next year.
August 16, 2014
It looks like Alberto Del Rio will not be joining TNA or Global Force Wrestling after all. During a media appearance, the former world heavyweight champion revealed that he cannot wrestle in the United States for approximately a year. The belief is that he breached his contract with WWE when the backstage incident took place. That reportedly enables the company to ban him from working for another wrestling promotion.
August 16, 2014
During his press conference in Mexico this week, Alberto Del Rio revealed that there are some issues between he and WWE. He stated that he can no longer use the name because the company owns it. His new name is El Patron. Del Rio also stated that he is indeed under a 90 day clause with WWE, but his lawyers are fighting to have him cleared to wrestle for AAA at TripleMania on Sunday.
August 15, 2014
Some further information is being leaked about the situation that caused Alberto Del Rio to be given a release by WWE. Cody Barbierri, the employee that was allegedly slapped by Del Rio, apparently has a history of saying derogatory things towards the wrestlers. Reports are surfacing that he has gotten away with things in the past because he is backed by Stephanie McMahon. This would explain why a good amount of wrestlers backed Del Rio when he left the company.
August 14, 2014
Alberto Del Rio might not be the only familiar WWE face to make an appearance at TripleMania this upcoming Sunday night. Word has it that Rey Mysterio has accepted the invitation from AAA to be at the biggest wrestling pay per view in Mexico this weekend. If the masked performer shows up, then that means that his contract issues with Vince McMahon are still lingering.
August 14, 2014
There has been a lot of speculation floating around about Alberto Del Rio and his release from WWE since word got out that the former world heavyweight champion was going to be making an appearance for AAA at TripleMania this upcoming weekend. Some believe that he was able to convince WWE to waive his 90 day no compete clause because of the backstage incident.
August 13, 2014